Shape3d plans & slices for plan printing

Hi All,

New member here and long time lurker.

I made my 1st EPS board, and really want to start a hollow wooden board. Ive pulled together a design in Shape 3d, and plan on printing full scale templates to transfer to sheets. However, Im struggling adding additional slices into the design so that I can print off in full scale.

I can add slices into the design view - but when I go to “plan” i only have x 3 slices - see the picture. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

P.

I don’t have any experience with shape3d, but if you can save the file as a .brd the jedail HBTM can generate all the plans you would need. Only real issue is HBTM needs an older version of java to work. Additionally you could remake the design in boardcad, its free, and use the HBTM or print straight from boardcad. Printing from boardcad has given me problems on occasion, but there are work arounds. Unfortunately both boardcad and HBTM seem to have been abandoned by their creators and no longer get updated, but they still work.

Good luck on the hollow board and post a build thread!

Hey Phillip - thanks for the feedback, its appreciated. What is HBTM, i cant seem to find this. Will download boardCAD and give it a go. Cheers!

HBTM - Hollow Board Template Maker. It was/is a java program that took .brd files and created .pdf plans. Like I said before you need an older version of java to run it. While it is still available it can be difficult to find. There were a few posts here with links to it and it still shows up on google. Just google jedail hollow board template maker. There also was a blog by woodbuddah that has a pretty good tutorial for it and akushaper/boardcad.