"You are not authorized to post comments." Why is that?

WHy can’t I reply to comments on a post? 

Thanks

New users can’t add comments to existing posts until they accrue some points.  It’s an anti-bot function.   I’ve modified your profile so it should work for you now.   If it still won’t allow you to comment then shoot me a PM.

Thank you sir, very kind! I am very much a bipedal homonid, I swear. 

beep 

I never thought otherwise.  But we do sometimes get a user with a screen name “xlthzzmall3zopfe5jy” extolling the virtues of man/goat love apparatus from Vulcan, so we try to keep those out.   If they want to advertise then they gotta pay like anyone else.   

4 sure, every site has problems with SEO clowns seeding links. Being a mod on a site like this is a thankless job, so thank you. An account that hasn’t been active in 8 years, all of sudden starts posting, absolutely should be quarantined. I didn’t know you were a mod on this board; but we’ve interacted on the erBB b4. At least I assume you’re that gdaddy. I actually just had to recreate my account over there, cause I couldn’t remember my PW or what email I used to create it. I kind of swore off interacting with social media for a while. Too much drama.

Funny story. Back b4 swellinfo got taken over by Carbon media and they range banned all of the core users, there was this cat from India Sunhil, Sudhil, something and he starts spamming all of these like “Banner, Flag, kite for sale” links for seeding search optimization. The mods were always kind of asleep at the wheel until they hired a ringer, so a couple of posters start cracking wise, and the guy responds to bump the threads, cause it’s a win-win for  old Sunhil until, “planting one’s banner in the sand at your local” becomes a meme on the forum. The funny thing is, Sunhil stuck around the forum, stopped spamming, became a regular and took up surfing cause it was such a bunch of whackos. Probably has a banner flag with a kite fluttering off it planted next to the poo water of Goa with a custom 14’ Roy Stuart. 

You haven’t been around so you don’t know.   But dropping the RS name around here will result in repurcussions.  It’s an offense second only to posting pics of the Fat Penguin or the Meyerhoffers with the penis tail.   .     

(j/k)

Funny as hell, and so very true.      Thanks for the belly laugh!

had to think a bit 

not rod stewart not randy sleigh

robert august? no 

ronalt ray gun,nope…

oh yeah that guy

isnt he racing nascar? in transgroovia?

professionally?

or selling miniature wave pools

outsourced in wu han?

Ha! I won a sweet, “Free Roy” shirt for traveling the farthest to the Swayloholix party one long ago Fall.

I brought it over to Kauai and took a picture of it draped over my chair and posted it here, “A Roy sighting…” No harm intended, but it got locked real quick - yet, RS, the crafty old master himself, had an alias account and PM’d me that he appreciated it, so good on us! Ha!

Aloha Ambrose, still holding down Drops - I’ll stop by to check in Thursday!