What's Your Favorite Cheap Tool ?

Do you shop for tools at HF? Do you have a favorite cheap chicom tool and/or horror story from HF?  

Curious.

His initials are LF. Rhymes withh hemorrhoid.

Angle die grinder

which one?

Mine is currently the used $20 ryobi power planer I found on facebook marketplace. Yeah it doesnt have a thickness adjust handle, just some stupid finger switch at the front, yeah it’s got some beat up blades from the previous owner trying to plane down nails or screws or whatever, yeah it’s noisy and heavy and the belt guard really (REALLY) gets irritating… but it’s a power planer.

Go ahead.   I dare you.

Sorry to report my 15 year old HF variable speed right angle yellow/orange 8 inch sander is still working.  I just can’t toss it.  So many other good ones out there.  Before you ask, yes I replaced the brushes. But not the hard pad that came with it.

all the best

Right AngleDie Grinder.  The $15 one that I have sworn by for many years.  No locking mechanism.  Sander/Polisher, scissors for 98 cents, razor blades, chip brushes, Surform "cheese grater, acid/glue brushes.  I use all these items in board building.  Gonna trek over to the nearest HF to stock up next week.   There are lots of other tools, power tools etc that are worth buying that apply to other trades.  I buy all my bungee cords there.  Things to NOT buy there are; sandpaper and tape.  If you buy a sander or a tile saw, any kind of power tool, pay the extra cost of the extended warranty.   LF

Spot on McDing. You have to be very careful.

But top this.  Five bucks at HF.

All the best

Uncle Grumpy--  Where in the hell did you get that add?  Lol.  I gotta have one of those slide whistles.  I’m gonna buy Sammy A one of those electric power cord/water hose combos.  Do they have a 240 volt?

But Wait! There’s more! 

I want one of these.

This.

https://shop.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_18288.jpg

That is hilarious.  I saw the pic and thought it was legit.  Then after MeDings comment I read it and LOL.  A great parody.  Thanks for posting.

all the best

I was in check out line at HF once, can’t remember why. Guy just behind me had 4 angle grinders under his are to return. He told me he was a construction contractor and, "Yeah, the tend to break pretty often. So I just buy 6 or 8 at a time and pass 'em out to my crew. Then I collect the busted ones and bring them in for free exchange. Very minor time expense saves large amount of money on purchasing ‘quality’. "

Hahaha!

My favorite for swatting those little" pests".  Especially when they are flying around while I gut my fish.  Hahaha!

This may cause you to reconsider!

Have heard about these.  Another great tip from the Dr.