WTK Kneeboard Foam Deckpad Material

Looking at material options for a 3/4 deck pad for a kneeboard. I’ve looked at Armafex and some polyethylene foam, but they look like they would not last too long. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dave

EVA foam traction material.   You can buy it off Amazon

Comes with adhesive backing.

https://www.hydroturf.com/category/sup-surf/sup-sheets/

Really nice Deck Pads

Not cheap but pretty bitchen.

http://www.covepad.com/about.html

First off, 3/4" is kinda thick. I would go thinner. 

Next, if you go thinner, you want to go denser, a tougher foam. The thicker, softer foam isn’t real likely to hold up well.You want it to have some texture too. 

Then, you will wind up experimenting with different foams, adhesives and what have ya. Which isn’t going to be cheap. 

But I have good news for you. Somebody else did all that experimenting, research and development already. As unclegrumpy already pointed out and I’ll happily second: ORDER INFORMATION (covepad.com)

Prices and shipping quite reasonable, considering the cost of materials and the work involved. Cool colors. Nice grid pattern for traction so you don’t have to fuc# it up with wax. Custom made for your board. For kneelos by a kneelo. 

No reason to reinvent the wheel, ya know?

Hope that’s of use - come to think of it, couple of my pads need an upgrade.

doc…

Hydro-Turf exactly!   Was trying to think of their name.  A lot guys buy from them out on the West Coast.  Orange County.

Hi Doc - 

I could be wrong… I read it as a 3/4 length of the board not thickness?)  I definitely second the Covepad stuff.  Don’t have any myself but have seen it in person and it is very nice.

Hi John,

(chuckling) As ever, I read too fast and thought too little. Appreciate the clarification. 

Yeah, the Cove Pad Guy ( as he is known on the various kneelo lists) has it down, he is the go-to guy on at least three continents.

Me, I think I want the blue. I like blue…

thanks again

doc…

Looking around on the www.  Plenty of sources.

Thought about cork? You just have to be carefully at the corners, but if the corners are sealed with epoxy, it does last very well. Cork is natural and you do not need any wax, but it may absorb some water during the rides, which will driy out after. Easily rapairable. Just glue it on with epoxy, or better vaccuum it. It may be a little heavy.