What is the best file format for profile cutting on CNC

Hi,

Any tips how I could make a surfboard stringer file for CNC bench? So far I`ve used Akushaper and  sent my local CNC company Akushaper STL and PDF file. With STL their software could shape the whole board, but they seem to have problem to get only surfboard profile out of it. On PDF they get the profile, but the measurments are not 1:1.

My plan is to cut out 3 stringers for each surfboard I make. One will be stringer and the other two are just rails for foam wire cutting. 

I had typed up a longer response that got lost in the ether. I would use jedail’s hollow board template maker. It uses a .brd file from aku and will make a pdf to scale. You do need to clean up the pdf using an adobe or inkscape type program. The HBTM leaves a lot of double lines and segments that are really close to touching, but aren’t. These generally “confuse” cam software used for CNC. Also you can save as SVG file which is slightly more CNC friendly. Feel free to pm me with any questions about CNC stuff because I’ve been dabbling in it for a while.