70s themed board for a friend

Just finished this one for a friend who asked for a “70s themed single fin with more traditional bottom at 6/1”. 

For the bottom I shaped a hull entry to single to spiral vee to flat past the fin box. 

Glad it’s done but there were so many mistakes in this one that had to be sanded back down and fixed etc… had a bad batch of Part A and learned the cabosil could settle to the bottom of the container etc… good lessons though

We have some swell coming in this weekend off the storms in the Atlantic so we should be able to test run it. Excited to see how she goes

Nicely done.

Beautiful makesmanship.  Whatever your problems were, you sure did work your way through them.    

I especially appreciate the foil.  The colors and composition of your pics really show it off well.   I think your post might serve as a good illustration in response to all the questions we get from the new builders who are attempting to do this type of design but who have no awareness of these features.   

Excellent. 

Well done.  Nice outline.  Reminds me of a Bruce Jones shaped/ Russel I had back in those days.

Awesome! Thanks. The fact that the outline looks right for the period is awesome to hear! 

apprecoate the words gdaddy. The foil is my absolute favorite part on any board. It’s the first thing I look at. It’s so easy to mess up and get wrong. Stoked at how it turned out. 

The deck rocker was the first thing that caught my eye, especially that little transition into the nose tip.   TO ME, it looks like you got the thickness at the finbox just right, too.   

Awesome! Cause that is exactly where I hyper focused on this one. My last board I was unpleased with the decker rocker in the nose area. 

I altered how I approached that area and removed from the top to get the final 1/2" down for proper thickness. I really liked how it turned out so will continue with the new technique. 

it’s exciting to now be focusing on the small things I dislike about my boards to fix as opposed to the massive, big ones. 

Yes.  It’s nice when we can get to that point and start to really “dial in” our design.   From the brain, to the hands , to the foam.  All under a trained eye.