The Surfboard Hidden Within........................

Every blank has some kind of surfboard hidden within it.      I am in need of two 8’ 5’’ A Gun Blanks  (US Blanks), with 3/8th inch Bass stringer,  for a pair of approx 7’ 6’’ x 20’’ guns.     The afore mentioned blanks, with  natural rocker,  have within them the correct rocker and proper thicknesses for the planned surfboards.      Both boards will be Pintail Guns, circa 1971 thru 1977 made with the templates used for Thrailkill, Surf Systems, and LightningBolt guns of that era.    And yes, there will be a Lightning Bolt graphic on both boards.    The boards will be glassed with epoxy, by the best glasser I’ve come across in MANY years.     Why choose my designs from that era?     Because they are still relevent today, some fifty years later!    This is going to be some real fun, as projects go.

Can’t wait to see them! 

Yeah!  Can’t wait.

Hey, Bill. I’ll be watching also. I’m glad your health  permits you to do this. 

Please find some savvy kid to post pictures along the way. 

all the best 

I actually cannot wait to see these boards. Please please PLEASE post pics. In my opinion, literally the coolest boards ever made are exactly what you described, and built previously.

The lines ratios and proportions encoded in those templates, have allowed me to ride the best waves of my life.      Here in California, as well as in Hawaii.     All the North Shores best/famous spots have been sampled by boards made with those templates.    A good example is the board I’m on in my avatar, at Sunset Beach.

was out at a Bali reef mid 90’s, an Aussie goofy was threading the needle further back than anyone else…smooth, elegant lines at warp speed…we both got out of the water at the same time, he was holding a beat to hell sun fried 7’6 Lightening Bolt pin, asked him about it… “broke all my boards, found this one just laying in the bush where I’m staying, paid one of the ding boys to give it a go, best tube rider I’ve ever ridden.  Going home with me end of week.”

Not a board on the planet that looks more natural for da kine than a 7’6 Lightning Bolt style pin…