Boardroom 2021, Del Mar...........RESULTS ?

I was there this past Saturday.     It was a smaller turnout than past shows, but still an excellent experience.       HOWEVER…I cannot find any info on the results of the best of show competition.       Mark Brown, (WIDEawake, on SWAYLOCK’S) had entered a HOTCURL surfboard, that was stunning.       His quality of workmanship, and artistry, was simply about as good as it can ever be, even by the most experienced professionals.      Does anyone have any information about the show results?

Hey Bill

Hobie Surfboards took the prize for Best in Show.Michael Arenal shaped it & Adam Davenport did the glass work. Cheers!

Cool.  Good to see Hobie get into the game.

Finally.

In case anybody is interested. Found this on Surfline.

I’ve had enough Sam George to last a lifetime…

https://vimeo.com/619949206

Hi Bill, I didn’t make it this year and sorry I missed our annual meeting.  Mark does indeed have a gift, I was very, very impressed of what he submitted last year and I know he must have done even better this time.  I’ve said in other posts that “some of the very best in the world” are here and I was referring directly to Mark.  I did watch that Sam George video of the show and probably should have went and visited again with everyone.

Aloha Pete,

I was disapointed that you were not there this year.      Still, it’s good to hear from you.        I hope you are doing well.     As always, your comments on the topic are on point.        I think about you often, when I pick up my Skil blade sharpener.     That thing is a real marvel !       Thank you, for your many contributions to our craft.

Hi Unclegrumpy; I took the time and watched all the video. Show all the fakeness that is this Industry. Idols with feet of clay; finishers that are very proud of that…but sell a lot the “shaper” image; Smoke and mirrors sellers; niche guys; politically correct invitation (the amateur gal) in these times; fins and items made in China; etc

On the other hand what? Great glassers supporting all these fellas? then fame supporting the marketing?

All very enthusiastics due to all those things support to not work actually; travel and be an “idol”.

Reverb for the win

Wow!  And I thought Joe was out there.  Going back to my ding repair now.