8'3" 1960's vintage board?

Aloha,

This weekend I picked up an old 8’3" single fin pintail and thought it was made in the last 20 year and thought I repair the fin damage maybe ad side fins to resell it online.  This board was repainted to look like a comtemporary board, But when driving it home, I relized that it might be a vintage board because the bottom have belly and rails are 50/50, the glassed in fin is typical of late 60’s.  I thought I ask the experts here, since I’m not really a collector, except for the boards I shaped and glassed in the 70’s and 80’s.  If it is a vintage board, its probably worth more to remove the paint and expose the original glass.

Thank you for your advice

Up date10/26:

Yes the emblem on the deck is just a HIC sticker recently placed.  I haven’t worked on it for more than 10 minutes when my wife keeps reminding me of my other obligations.  Will let you all know what I discover below.  I got a small section on the bottom center stringer paint removed and its badly sunburned, no markings yet, can’t even see the stringer yet.  I originally thought the tail was poorly modified and re-shaped after, but now I’m thinking the shaper may have been inexperience and was learning how to shape.  

It is worth a look.  You can always  cover it up again if what’s under the paint is too ugly.  Have fun digging for treasure.  Let us know what you find…  You are very good at posting pics.   So post a couple of what you find.  Very curious to see what you have.    PS-   I was going to say that someone took an old classic single fin and painted it up like a Southpointe or Surftech.

Plenty of clues to place this right around 1968 or early 69. What is that symbol on the deck?

I would start by sanding the paint about 1/3rd from the nose and 1/3rd from the tail. If there is a label, that is where one will likely be.

Is the HIC ( Hawaiian Island creations ) logo a sticker ?

old school all the way…and unfortunately have seen that done before, usually to cover up decades of sunburn…

at an Oregon board swap some years back an older guy showed up with a heavy 11’ Wardy full on rhino chaser, narrow square tail,  that had to have been made for The Bay back in the day…the whole thing covered in a white pigment coat…the pigment coat had chipped off the tail and could see the wide center stringer combo…said he bought it at an estate sale in southern OR for $50…offerred him $500 for it intending to sand that white crap off…he passed, said he was gonna wall hang it…

Haha!   Another one of those Southern Oregon Wardy’s??  If it was; be glad he didn’t take you up on it.