Florida Balsa

Anyone ever done business with George Robinson for balsa? Feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

I have.  I had an 8’8" big guy / desert island type board made from him, picked it up this summer.  I am sad to say I haven’t given it much of a test outside of really crappy Florida windswell.  In turn, I don’t have much of a performance report.  The board is beautiful, visually stimulating and outside of the tail shape (we went back and forth on it for a long time), exactly what I told him I wanted.  With the tail, think he was right in the end, I wanted a more pin-ier one and he disagreed. 

George is a very nice man, He’s a bit out there, but aren’t we all? He gives off positive energy and we talked a ton on the phone, I also visited his shop twice prior to my board’s completion.  I enjoyed it and him.  I do not know what he is charging these days but I thought what I paid was a fantastic deal.  

I hope this helps, feel free to ask more questions.  I’ve never had a balsa made before so I have nothing to reference it by, but as I said, I am very happy with it and would not hesitate to give him a try.  

Beautiful board! Thanks for the input.