Noserider rocker feedback wanted

Thoughts?

i havnt another board for reference so would love some feedback this is my best guess. went for 4.5 rocker in the tail and 3 in the nose. just not sure if ive got the kick right. outline is based off a lightweight. planning on slight concave in the nose, to flat, to rolled belly. down rails on the nose, 5050 through the middle, turned up through the tail

any feedback welcome cheers guys

ps let me know if your having trouble viewing the files

Looks fine, but I don’t know that 50/50 rails thru the middle matter, nor do I think the rail at the tail needs to be turned up.  60/40 thru the middle makes more sense.  The tail then would turn 50/50 or soft down rail in the final third…  Slight concave thru the nose to slight belly or roll under the chest to the waist (in paddle position). Then flat the rest of the way back with slight V starting just in front of the fin and thru the fin box(very slight).  You may have started your tail kick a little too far forward.  Concentrate on the last 18". Just my opinion.

I would try to get a picture of a similar shape and load it into BoardCad as a background image. Check the internet, if necessary use a graphic program like Gimp and isolate the rocker view, save as x.img and load into BCad. If necessary remove the “use fill” option under “View”

There are usable pics availlable for a CJ Nelson Sprout.
Compared to those, the tailrocker seems to be a little to high, maybe 3-3.5’ is enough. For a noserider I would do round rails even in the tail, but I do not have one, nor I’m able to noseride :frowning:

A little more kick in the tail and a bit less kick in the nose.  Personally I like a little more streamlined outline. If it were mine I’d narrow the tail a bit.

Classic Model-T type design; made to pick up weak/small wave conditions early, run fairly straight and stable, and milk the energy for everything there is.   

I’m with McDing, your end measurements look okay but you might want to run it flatter through the center and more accentuated in the tail, particularly behind the finbox.   

One overlay you might consider using in your process is the rocker image for the blank you intend to use.   Unless you intend to cut an entirely different rocker out of the blank you’re probalbly otherwise only going to be making some adjustments at both ends.   

Great advice have just compared it to the sprout think im getting closer, the tail on that board doesnt seem to have an extreme kick, cheers

Arctic makes a “Noserider” rocker, readily available.  I’m sure Millennium and U S Blanks probably do the same.  Very minor adjustment in this “reverse” rocker blank to get a nice noserider.