Greg Noll Hawaiian Nollrider

I recently picked up a Greg Noll Duke Kahanamoku Hawaiian Nollrider with this laminate.  I’m looking for information about it’s rarity.

Thanks for any help.

Eric

“Rarity”?  Yes, but there are others here on the forum that can give you better info than myself.  I defer to them.  Check your PMs for a reference.

I had one.  I consider it to be one of the rarest of the Nolls.  You’ll find far fewer of these than you will DaCats.  Uses the same fin box and fin as the DaCat model.  Great riding board too.

Unfortunatly rare doesn’t make it worth more than a DaCat.  Always thought the Duke model was more worthy.

The one I had had two redwood stringers and a black glue line down the center.  (Yours has the same black glue line)  Same logo as yours but mine was only slightly faded.  Those logos tended to fade very badly like yours did.  Mine had a flower pattern cloth inlay on the nose.  Mine was a 9/10 condition wise when I sold it and it still had the original fin.  I sold mine around the year 2000 to a Noll collector for $1,000 and a signed Noll print.  I used the money to buy a shortboard and a longboard. That board now resides on the ceiling of Heritage Surfshop in Ocean City, NJ.

I’ve never seen a nicer example of this model than the one I had.  Even the example that appears in Noll’s book The Art Of The Surfboard is not nearly as nice of an example as the board I had.

Very few of these have come up for auction.  The last one I saw was a plain one with faded logos that went for $3,000.  A Hawaiian Nollrider owned by Kimo Hollinger came up and went for big money but would not be a great comparrison in my opinion due to the historical figure who owned it.  Another glass off restored one (yuck) sold for $6000

Link to check out.

https://books.google.com/books?id=J2XOeSnK2C0C&pg=PA8-IA1&lpg=PA8-IA1&dq=hawaiian+nollrider&source=bl&ots=xvUvOGiSME&sig=ACfU3U1_-3YJooUxmOaB56XuyuWUTfsANw&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjq1crI5p_0AhWMXc0KHZXTBC4Q6AF6BAgREAM#v=onepage&q=hawaiian%20nollrider&f=false