Fin box jig choices

Hello,

Just starting out and need help deciding on fin box kits/jigs. I plan on shaping shortboards and longboards and I only plan to use the Futures boxes for both. Is it worth the crazy high cost to buy the futures kits for both? I saw Greenlight also offers kits as well for much less, but not sure of longevity of their offerings. Their lb box kit seems to be for Bahne boxes anyway. Any feedback from those who have either? Are there other options I’m not aware of? Thanks for your help.

Your choices are limited to the Futures jigs made for each fin system and the alternatives provided by Greenlight.  I prefer those made by Futures.  The Greenlight alternatives work, but have a few disadvantages.  If you don’t secure the jig and use your router very carefully, you may be looking at an"oops".   The Future “Strong Box” jig can be reset to rout Bahne/Fins Unlimited boxes.  Nothing wrong with a Bahne center box and side bites by Futures.  When routing a longboard box, my method is to eliminate the foam down both sides of the stringer to full depth and then plunge each end of the stringer (a little at a time) to full depth.  Then using needle nose pliers break out the center portion of the stringer.  Clean up the remaining wood with the router.  Quicker and cleaner.