DIY Hero competition

17 posts |
Last post
Huck's picture

I've thrown my hat in the ring!  I see my fellow Swaylockian Barry Snyder did too, so I'm honored to be in his distinguished company!

you can vote for me at https://diyhero.org/2022/neal-bahrman

or vote for Barry at https://diyhero.org/2022/barry-snyder

thnx!

doc's picture
doc

To be perfectly honest with ya, yes, nice board, but newlywed at 66? Congrats. 

Gives all the rest of us some, perhaps unrealistic, hope

doc....

Huck's picture

Thnx Doc! I lost my kids (daughter & husband) to a black ice car accident, and my wife of 33 years to covid. I pretty much hit rock bottom. 

But I met a lovely lady who was undeterred by all my baggage, and consider myself lucky to have her as my new bride. Her name is Lulu, and she's a lulu, haha. I'm 66, she's 56, and we just passed the 6 months mark, going strong. She loves the beach, and we have a small business about 90 minutes away, 1 block from the ventura pier. I'm on the mend.

Any votes are appreciated, you can vote free once a day. I've gone from 26th place to 11th, then levelled out there.

jrandy's picture

So glad things are looking up for you, Huck!

Thanks for letting us know about you and Barry being in the competition. Both of you have helped make Sway's a better place with your incredible work and advice.

http://pushheretosavealife.com/ Be safe, have fun. -J

Huck's picture

Thnx Jrandy. Like most of these internet competitions, its advertised as a DIY competition, but in reality it seems to me a click-bait popularity contest. Contestants are not judged on content, but on clicks generated. It puts the older less tech-savvy demographic at a disadvantage IMO, while favoring the more narcissistic "influencer" generation, celebrity over substance.

Be that as it may, I'm in now, and anyone willing to click for me (daily no less!), or share the link on social media, will be greatly appreciated. I would love it if this senior surfer underdog could turn the tables and make a showing in this digital-age game.

Thnx for any support!!

(btw, I have been voting for myself, but I did sneak in a vote for Barry, been a long time fan of his work)

McDing's picture

Sorry to hear about all you've been through and your loss.  But life goes on.  You may have gotten mired down in some $#!+ but you came up smellin' like a rose

That which can be assorted without evidence was read in an illegal magazine.

Huck's picture

Thnx Lowell - one day at a time!

https://diyhero.org/2022/neal-bahrman

I do still struggle with some anxiety issues that are pretty common given the circumstances.

9 days counting down, have to be on facebook to vote, can vote once a day, and any support is appreciated!!

gdaddy's picture

I'd feed both of you guys votes except I don't do Facebook

McDing's picture

What's up with that?  Vlad Puutin is on Facebook.  Man, that's just not cool.

Huck's picture

I'd feed both of you guys votes except I don't do Facebook

I would make you ham and eggs if I had eggs, except I don't have any ham!!

Huck's picture

Huck's picture

Huck's picture

Huck's picture

McDing's picture

I was just telling somebody about the job you did on my sisters entertainment center that time.  Voted.  

Huck's picture

I honestly don't know the rules for this click-fest DIY competition, but they sent me a text to say I made the first cut and am still in the running. Ok, so far so good! Thnx for any and all support from the swaylocks crowd! Link below

KarlMeer's picture

Huck, I wholeheartedly support your campaign! click! and thank you for making sways a nice and cultivated place. All the best!