Twinny width and thickness

I’ve made 6 twinnies including a couple of fish and a couple round pins. All of them have been wide and relatively thick for various reasons but maily to tackle mushier waves. I want to make a round pin performance twin now for better/bigger waves. I took a look at dimmensions of similar shapes from name shapers and all of the stock dimmesions are significantly wider and thicker than you would see for modern performance thrusters. Is there a reason for this or is it just that the stock dimmensions are beefier given the market for these boards and the size of the average surfer? My only guess for the former is that there isn’t enough difference between the wide point and tail width to keep it maneuverable.

I’m thinking of a 6’ 0" about 19" wide (maybe a touch under) and whatever thickness gets it to around 26.5 L. Wide point slightly up. Tail rocker is about 2" with vee out the back. I’m 5’ 11" 150 lbs. I plan to ride it in good head high to overhead reef waves.

I think you’re on the right track.  With a twin I’d probably have chosen a swallow tail but people have done them with rounded pins, too.  At least it will hold.   

With a twin you don’t need much vee.  A little will go a long way.   A few builders have used vee at the fins goint to flat in the tail but I have never surfed that type of bottom before so I don’t know how it would work.  .  

My performance twins are same board than my performance thruster that are same boards than my perf quad. Just fins options. In general I put thruster set up then I add boxes for quad or for twin option. With twin option you can do a custom twinzer fin for front box that give more drive for long turn than twin only but with less in front projection than quad, an happy medium for me. 

Personally, I like higher tail rockers for thrusters than for everything else.    

I feel the same. My thrusters with twin-like tail rockers are dogs. My fish with slightly thruster-like rocker is fun in certain conditions but can get super twitchy in good waves. But the benefit with that fish is that I can surf it with a narrower stance and still make it turn… a great crutch for my lifelong issue of having my back foot too far forward. 

There almost is no substitute for adjusting your stance to your rocker/fin setup.  Even if that means adjusting your rocker/fin setup to your stance.      

As I am a front foot rider, mostly because I surf fast hollow beachbreak, I like tail lift low nose short front wide point boards, with no center fins to grip and ride higher in trim line. In general those boards don’t go well in flatter waves. Need a flatter fuller tail board, but never have time to do one for me, a buddy shaper problem LOL. But my next personal surfboard project would be a 6’6" mid length twin. Since covid so much people in water here near impossible to surf! So I restart windsurfing…