Glue Alternatives for EPS Foam

Hi…I have 6 pieces of 1.5 and 2# styro that have been hot wired and cut vertically… now ready to glue in 4mm stringer material that I have…

1.  What are the choices of adhesives that I can use to glue wood stringer material to EPS…

2.  I’ve used 6# pour foam and gorilla glue polyurethane to end butt 2’ x 3’ chunks together… is there any alternative adhesive for that application?  Someone suggested using polyurethane caulk.

Thanks for your help.

Epoxy resin, acrylique or vynilique wood glue. 

We have titebond wood glue here in the U.S.   I’m hoping that is the alternative I can use to bond stringer to eps…

Also looking for a more economical adhesive to bond 2’ x 3’ eps styro chunks together rather than epoxy or gorilla polyurethane glue

Gorilla glue.

ok thx…I’ve used gorilla polyurethane glue as well as epoxy for eps to eps glue-ups, but was looking for a more economical adhesive alternative that could be used…i’ve had suggestions for wood glue, latex paint and polyurethane caulk…wondering if and what others have used with success…

The options previously mentioned are the cheap and effective options.  I suppose you could try elmers glue and it MIGHT work or it might let go while you are shaping.  At that point your cheap glue became very expensive.

Been meaning to try it but haven’t.  

Haven’t been doing work with EPS but have been planning to start playing with it.

You might try experimenting with Titebond III on EPS scraps.  EPS may be porous enough for this glue to set up and bond properly.

I have tried all kinds.  But White Gorilla Glue, Elmers or Titebond all work.  They are just slow dry and cure.  Give it a full 24 or48 hours at room temp in the clamps.   Epoxy Resin “slow” will work as well.  Quicker.  I have always been afraid to use “fast” due to possible Exotherm.  Never have tried Gorilla Glue “brown”.  Was always afraid it would “chunk out” when shaping.

I have used epoxy resin quick set for stringer glue ups with no problem, I think exotherm is only an issue with pooled or thick resin application like a leash plug or fin box install.

Yes no exotherm problems when gluing stringers with epoxy, brush thin coat of resin on wood then put on foam, no need pressure, just to be in contact. Most Pu glues foam so need more pressure because it push. It fill gaps and seal/stiffen eps foam around, not a bad thing. Dynamically less durable glue than structural epoxy but far stronger than foam so… White wood glue work to, stronger than foam. 

Brown or clear Gorilla Glue or epoxy have worked well for me. I try to glue after hot wire before shaping.

I have not had good/consistant results with the spray-on foam glues nor with Elmer’s white ‘school’ glue in the big jug.

By the by;  I used that brown powder resin glue on 1/2 a blank not long ago.  It took too much glue to do the job. Resin is the old fashioned way and probably still the best bet.  Epoxy or Poly.