Summer surf trip...

Sorry to show up with such “first world problems,” but, you know, here we are discussing, as I once read it put, “pool toys,” so I figure it’s fair game…

Anyway - I’ve made some trips to Samoa - Samoa Samoa, (Not American Samoa) - which is still closed due to the pandemic.  I was looking into Simelue island in Indo, as I got some positive info, but, as far as I can tell, Lion Air has a 7’6”ish board bag length limit, and I only have an 8’er, so…  I’m not up for flying half way around the world to run into that kinda problem…

One thing I love about Samoa - I’ve fallen for a place on the island of Savai’i which is side-off shore in the trades, and the crowd factor is A++, i.e., most days I was the only soul in the water! Being a regular footer, the right at the reef pass is very nice.  Not real long, but potential for a tube ride on most waves, and three good turns - some times less/more. Very fun.  I consider myself competent enough to surf most waves up to 2xOH on my 8’er. The environment is pretty much pristine, and the cost is very, very reasonable for the beach fales at the “resort” I’d like to retire too… Ha!

Anyone have suggestions for a place that meets some of those criteria?    I suppose it’s probably a paradox, but I’d be willing to spend more money to keep the crowd factor good - which Simelue was supposedly good for (Certainly not, literally empty, but by the reports I’ve gotten, not 18+ guys jostling either.).   And, of course, it’s hard to compare to a place that’s basically off shore 90+% of the time.  Anyway - getting pretty stir crazy as the end of yet another intense school year is nearing the end.

Side note for anyone keeping track… Ha!  No treaties on my board design and making evolution after last summer, due to getting home and a week or so later, right back into the fire of work…  Still go much love for Sways and the ol’ “Swayloholix Anonymous!”