Help Identifying Hansen 7'10

7’10 x 22" x 3 1/4

I recently aquired this board and am having a hard time figuring out what year and model it might be.  The older logo and glassed in fins are confusing me because over all it looks like a newish board. Serial is 8111 H or H1118 depending how you read it.

Thanks in advance!!

I like that outline.  Looks a lot like the Eggs that were around in San Diego 69–75.   Come on some of you Hansen boys.  Help the guy out.  At least give us a best guess.

The board number is 8111-H.        The board number indicates late 1966 construction, or first few months of 1967.       The letter designator    ‘‘H’’  was used by Mike Holideck, aka ‘‘Holly’’, a long time sander at Hansen.    Holly took a run at becoming a shaper back then, but did not really cotton to it.       Not very many of his boards out there.

any pics of the fins? Kinda curious since it has a through the deck leash string and leashes came out in the 70’s. 

Here are the fins…

Fins, and fin box, are way too modern.     Board number is NOT related to historic numbering.      Your board is recently created, probably shaped by Craig Holingsworth, who has been ‘‘ghosting’’ Hansen boards recently.

Thanks guys I really appreciate it!!

Certainly this board could be a later recreation.  But we were getting Bahne/Fins Unlimited boxes like this in 69–70. I was buying them over at Mitch’s.   So hard to tell the age of the board by the box.  The drill thru leash attachment is either indicative of a later model board or was added by someone.  The aged color of the foam tells me it is a later model board.  Also I never saw side bites on any of the 69-70 Eggs that were around back then.  Not in Frye/G&S, Hansen, Hamel etc.   Bill’s guesstimate based on the numbers tripped me up a bit.  Then his further assessment that it was a later model board(maybe a Hollingsworth) made more sense.  The design, in my opinion is too advanced for 65–67.  So most likely a second generation knock-off recreation.

Can you see a cutlap line on the bottom??  Because if you can’t;  It is a later model recreation.  If that deck patch is paint and not a tinted deck patch.   Then most likely a later model.  90’s probably.  Surfboard specific fiberglass cloth that could be freelapped didn’t come around  until sometime in the 70’s.   Channin was still using Volan in the late 60’s thru 1970.  The boards we got were all cutlap with a visible line at that time.  That foam and glass looks like 90’s Clark Foam and Hexcel 6oz. E.

That board might have been made at Channin in Encinitas. Channin had the contract to build Hansens starting some time around the early to mid 90s. Ending around the early 2000s. Shaping them were Jim Hovde, Hank Byzak, Jim Phillip and I believe Steve Clark did some of them too. I think eventually the later ones were cut on the machine. The side bites are glass-ons so I figure this is an early one. Later ones had boxes - O’Fishls then Futures. 

Not every board is a “model”. Looks like a typical 80s fun shape. The logo means nothing. Many labels continued to use their original style lams decades after they were first created. You can find brand new Hobies with the 60s style label on them, as well as many others.