Paul Jensen 5'10" fish in Charity Auction 5th June ( In Oz )

Hi everyone

I have a 5’10” Paul Jensen Hollow wood Fish that is being actioned off next weekend at a Canteen annual fundraising dinner. For those of you who don’t know Canteen is a charity for young people living with Cancer http://www.canteen.org.au/

In April Paul Jensen was in the land of OZ to run a series of “How to” Hollow surfboard workshops http://www.hollowsurfboards.com/Australia-April2009TripReport.htm

On the Melbourne course Paul demonstrated the process of frame construction to the students by building a frame of his own. As a result he has constructed the frame that we used on the charity board that we have donated to Canteen . The skins for the board where put together by the students using the Cedar, Paulownia & Oregon resulting in a one of a kind board.

Steve Friedman of Friedman Flyers Surfboards has generously taken on the final stage of the process and is currently completing the shaping & glassing of the board.

The Auction / Dinner will be held at Lake Eildon Boat club on the evening of Friday 5th June ( Queens birthday long weekend) The auction will run the course of the night from about 8pm until 11:30pm & is only for seated guests. I will update this post with the cost of a seat for the event Monday afternoon. (its the one piece of information I forgot to ask about sorry DOH!) If your interested in attending the auction please let me know ASAP so I can organise a table.

Don’t miss the opportunity to grab a piece of Jensen Hollow Wood surfing history.

regards

Neil Hemington

Here are some photos of the board prior to Steve Friedman working his magic on the stick. BTW the rails are the usual cork/bending ply strips

[img_assist|nid=1042982|title=|desc=Deck view|link=none|align=left|width=480|height=640]

[img_assist|nid=1042983|title=|desc=Bottom view|link=none|align=left|width=480|height=640]

cheers

Neil Hemington

[img_assist|nid=1043143|title=bottom|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=480|height=640][img_assist|nid=1043142|title=donated sticker|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=640|height=480]****[img_assist|nid=1043140|title=tail|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=480|height=640]

[img_assist|nid=1043138|title=Fin detail|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=480|height=640][img_assist|nid=1043137|title=finz|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=480|height=640][img_assist|nid=1043141|title=deck|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=480|height=640]

**Thanks to all who showed interest. We had a fantastic result with the board fetching $2000 with all proceeds going to Canteen. **

cheers

Neil Hemington