RIP Chris Hawk

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/hawk-surf-surfer-2622556-huntington-chris

So bummed about this.  Not that it’s a total surprise, since he was in bad shape for a while.  I just saw him a week ago when he came by Gary Linden’s shop to say hi to Gary and Dick Brewer.  

Condolences to his family.  

Aloha kendall, I knew all the Hawk brothers and their sister Sandy when the still lived in Bell, Ca. back in the early 60's. Was surprised his obit didn't mention his brothers or sister as survived by. Was his cancer not operable or just caugh to late and couldn't be healed, just asking as one who knocked on Heavens door and they didn't let me in. I think Chris was about 6 years old when I first got to know him. I was with Bob Brown ( owner of Russell Surfboards ) yesterday and he told me about Chris passing away. Aloha,Kokua

Aloha Kokua

He had throat cancer, but I’m not sure of the details.  I hadn’t seen him in many years, then he came by to see Dick at Sacred Craft.  A friend he was with said he was so sick a while ago he couldn’t see people, and that he was on his feet but not feeling too strong.  He was barely able to speak and was vary frail, but completely present.  He came by Gary Linden’s shop the next day and spent some time talking with us.  I was shocked… not really shocked… but saddened to hear he passed away a week later.  

Here’s an older story in Surfline - http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/press-release/benefit-for-chris-hawks-fight-against-cancer_29626/ - Chris leaves behind his wife and an 11 year old son, as well as his brothers, his sister, and many who cared about him.  

I’m glad they didn’t let you in, and you’re making your comeback.  Next time I’m over visiting my family in Hanalei let’s say hi.  

Aloha kendall, My father died from throat cancer and since it was wrapped around his throat sothere nothing they could do. I went and helped take care of him until he passed away. Cancer changes your life even when you get cured and even though I am cured for now, there is a good chance It could get me again and next time I am not going through the hell I went through this time. I stil feel a little weak sometimes and that may be permanent but am hoping it won't be. It wan't the surgery that was bad bu the radiation is the bad part, I didn't have chemo but chemo leaves yourbody where radiation will always be in my body and the harm it did is irreversable. I just hope that Chris didn't suffer and in his day and age most doctors make sure terminal cancer patients are pretty much pain free till the end. I have a friend who is on his last days from cancer of the tonsils and the liver and they can't do surgery because he has Hep C. He is the cousin of a pretty famous shaper from San Clemente who shapes out of that place in S.C. that sells materials and build boards also, Ijust can't think of his name right now but I am sure you know him.When I was with Bob (Russell Surfbards) he was telling me he went by to see Gordon Kinny but he wasn't home.Probably out seeing people in his final days.The shaper I am trying to remember his name goes by a single name and wish I could remember it since he has more family here on Kauai. Aloha,Kokua 

• so upset about Chris' passing.I have not seen him in 23 years.My most memorable time with Chris... we are 15 years old and hiding behind our longboards that we have turned into a makeshift wind screen at Bolsa Chica.Its 1967 and the beach is deserted , and the waves blown out.We burn one down and laugh for what seems hours.Im struck by how unpretentious and devoid of ego my new buddy seems.He could play the snob ass card with such a pedigree even then(Sam and Toms little brother,a big deal in HB in da 60s).We remain friends for life and was thrilled he sought me out recently on facebook.I wasnt surprised he still was the same unassuming Chris.I know he deserved the "Walk of Fame" and the legend status but the best I could come up was that day long ago...just another buddy that loved the beach life.

Just noticed this a minute ago.  Sad news.   I met Chris when I worked with his brother Tom at the Willis Brothers factory behind Sunset Beach in 1990.  He was quiet, intense, and his boards looked really good.  RIP.

It’s hard to find knowledgeable people on this topic, but you sound like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks

online drugs

I’m impressed, you know what you’re talking about

botox sydney