THE NEW "What are you working on?" THREAD!!!

Well…the last on that stingray started went on SO LONG and got SO BIG that it fell off the radar.

So, in stingray’s honor, I am starting a new one!

Come on in and show us what you got!

I willl start it off with this little one…

For all of you who think I only make weird, funky, 26 fin surfboards…this is for you.

[img_assist|nid=1047797|title=Synergy 6’4" ECO Pro Comp thruster|desc=for team captain Chad Bonz|link=none|align=left|width=479|height=640][img_assist|nid=1047798|title=Synergy 6’4" ECO Pro Comp thruster|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=479|height=640]

Beautiful board, Paul!

Here's my latest project begun: 7'6" hybrid hws.  Cutting out the templates.

And a 6'7" fish hws, templates

My first time .

Glassing , Resin swirls and color collaboration  Ian and myself . Ian’s help allowed us to come up with such a cool first one . Now the  fun part that was the bottom . My older son said I want to help glass the deck , I said sure . So at 5pm on saturday , we went for it  .  .At 50 degrees and 1 1/5 % catalyst  , 24 hours later it still has’nt kicked yet , but thats okay . I did learn alot  never at 50 degrees again . The resin did’nt flow  that well , the laps did’nt get wet so we threw a lot more resin at it . It had a bunch  a drips and runs this morning . I could sure use that  hi tech sander with vacumn . can’t wait to sand a hotcoat .

Thanks again to all the swaylocks people for the tricks tips and enthusiasm . VIVA  LA     SWAYLOCKS   JAMES

[img_assist|nid=1050935|title=FIRST BOARD|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=416|height=171]

sweet toddster

nice shape

Todd , Todd, Todd......

........Keep it going Todd!

Looking forward to more photos......

...Stingray...

"...not a Gay love...."

Hehehe...

Hey Todd, I'd looked at your webby a while back and seen that you indeed don't only make 26 finners...

Latest ready for glassing, 6'2 x 19, Paulonia bottom skin. Changed my reinforcement core blocks from pink to grey out of sheer homophobia...

And a 7'6 hybrid for a lady, stars and rainbows, not gay at all!!!

Josh

www.joshdowlingshape.com

i been working on apple trees . funk bass lines and dadgad tuning, porting a 4age head. concrete polishing.irish wistle and drum. bottom turns. DOH head on a 510. raising 2 girls. the odd piece of jewellery. and the odd surfboard

and 15 bluebird days on the mountain snowboarding

paulownia snaped and repaired

me bottom turn on balsa

a glassing f$#k up

me local

view from deck

got some good comp results from team as well. 4th in the open cape classic south island . and a 1st in under 12 maori nationals. nice shooter btw todd

Holy crap!

Josh…sometimes seeing your stuff just makes me want to quit…

eventually I get over it though. LOL

Nice work!

Nice looking board Todd (and everyone else for that matter!). Here's one I've started yesterday. A take off on an Ozzie Wright model for a former local ripper now residing in V County CA.

Here's the rough outline. Self-made 2lb EPS foam blank. 5-6 x 19.25 +/-

[IMG]http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr335/asurfrat/JR5-6.jpg[/IMG]

Finished about a week ago; (Mahalo to Mike Daniel for his input)

A new gun for me (I’m 5’8 x 140)

7’0 x 18-1/4 x 2-1/4 PUPE

Nice board Bud. I notice that you have a good amount of rocker in the back half of the board. I’ve been using more tail rocker and I like it. It seems to work better when you have powerful waves. My BK from about 1993 or so has very little rocker in the back half of the board. The flatter rocker is fast, but sometimes I don’t want the board to be so fast, but more controlled.

[quote="$1"]

Nice board Bud. I notice that you have a good amount of rocker in the back half of the board. I've been using more tail rocker and I like it. It seems to work better when you have powerful waves. My BK from about 1993 or so has very little rocker in the back half of the board. The flatter rocker is fast, but sometimes I don't want the board to be so fast, but more controlled.

[/quote]

Reading that reminds me what an individual "sport" surfing is and how hard (impossible?) it is to nail down the perfect board for all riders.

i've always wondered about those traction pads Bud. seem pretty cool.

i'm assuming because it's tacked to the wall you didn't like it?

Hey Bud, that thing should have gotten some use by now, howzit go? You should put up the profile shot too!

(remind me to talk to you about that surform I see in your room, we can fix that)

well, how adequate,

after some nasty fisherman tried to catch my fish, i had to do surgery

so, some pics

before:

[img_assist|nid=1047813|title=before coil fish|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=624|height=826]

words: took down ALL the paint, and resprayed the lot, added leash plug, fixed d… bottom…

[img_assist|nid=1047806|title=coil fish repair|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=588|height=776]

[img_assist|nid=1047808|title=fish repair coil|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=590|height=781]

[img_assist|nid=1047809|title=logo before|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=593|height=785]

[img_assist|nid=1047810|title=logo after|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=593|height=785]

[img_assist|nid=1047811|title=line before|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=586|height=776]

didnt like it, redid it…

[img_assist|nid=1047812|title=line after|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=585|height=774]

i would also like advice, for the lacquer dripped, forming thicker lines/waves, shit as…

just wait till it is hard and sand down with 400 grit, and respray? [or wax and surf of course]

oh, and i think i will add more black lines on top, near nose, to complete the picture

plus the bottom, more paint there too, she is all white now, so naked…

todd,

did i not mention i love a new thread? sowwyyy i LOOOVE it!

back to bed now 2h15

“Wow, is that a real board or animation ?” said my 7 year old boy about speedie’s pride spray. Very nice[img_assist|nid=1047816|title=Comander Cody Logo|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=614|height=640]!

This is his my 9 year old boy’s idea for a logo (Comander Cody shooting a dead be he found in the strawberry bin.)

exactly. for me, it was a slippery, rubbery POS. ‘clear’ turned yellow almost immediately too