"surf hero camera go pro "

...it's advertised here

has anyone on sways used it ??

i reckon it would be unreal to get footage WHILE surfing , as well as of OTHERS surfing .

i'd be keen to hear feedback from anyone here who has USED one regularly [maybe you could post the footage here , for our perusal??]

cheers !

ben

[img_assist|nid=1048609|title=water photo|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=640|height=480]Yup, 

digital is the way to go.

The light has to be good and they have to be in close but I would recomend it.

Now if I could just get my friends to take a pic of me for once it would be nice.
[img_assist|nid=1048608|title=Water photo's-camera|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=640|height=480]

yup i have one and i got the surfboard mount with a suction cup and i put it on the nose of my board, i can point it back at me or out forward and as im paddling in i just push the button and the video starts. great footage. i thought the quality of pics and video would be really bad because it is so small, but it is actually really good. im still afraid to take it out with the surfboard mount on it in anything bigger than 3 or 4 feet because i think im going to lose it. i heard the helmet mount is really cool for skating and stuff. i reccommend highly

the first one is me on halloween, second is an unknown guy (buddy of mine took it)

Big waves is no problem.  Its even better with the fcs plug.  Add a little rain-x on the case and a silica packet inside to absorb moisture.  Turn it on and off during lulls.  Shouldn’t fog the lens.  Pretty sweet little camera, and hard to beat the price on a little HD sucker.

whoa hang20! i can put it into an fcs plug? i havent seen that attachment yet. do you have a plug on your deck?

I bought one just because I love cameras and taking pictures not to mention that I wanted to get some water shots. 

It works great!

I have used it for some really great shots out of the water also.

The sound quality on movie sucks but it will take a ton of picks in single or triple mode before the batteries run out.  And that is good because you have to take a lot before you get the timing and alignment down.  Cannot handle direct sunlight shots very well.

I use it snowboarding also and have had some success.

You just gotta take a lot of shots just like any camera.  Then when you least expect it…

Rain-x, good idea

I have one as well and I am very happy with it,I'm using it mostly for vidéos in and out of the water. I would like to try a suction cup mounting in order to put it on any other board,but I am afraid to loose it at the first wave, the stick-on baseplate works great but once you removed it you can't replace it, of course the FCS plug would be a good option but I am not very keen on making holes on my boards !!

Here' a few samples in and out of the water :

http://www.youtube.com/user/agastef#p/a/u/1/OWJ26FpJ190

http://www.youtube.com/user/agastef#p/a/u/2/yYRRE1H_FE8

http://www.youtube.com/user/agastef#p/a/u/0/l3Sz8E7Ru5w

Stéphane.

Yep sure can.  I’ve two plugs on the deck, one in front and one behind.  The one plug behind is for the ladies :slight_smile: The fcs mount should come with the camera or you can order the mount kit.  I popped a few fcs plugs into my 10’3" and proceeded to rip out my fin on a huge rock.  I’ll post the video somewhere so everyone can have a laugh.  The camera was super steady though.  Great attachment method. If you’re bored you can pop the camera into the back plug, the side plug for some abstract water stuff, etc.  You look like less of a kook out there without the big sticker too.  hahaha :wink:

that sounds really cool. surfing is probably very interesting when you have a camera in place of a fin. i bought mine used, but i will have to look into that mount

finbox gets ripped out near end of video.

http://vfxnorris.com/images/GoPro_FinSmack.MOV

here’s the mount in the fcs plug on the deck.

Here’s the damage:

I’ve played around with them quite a bit.   Here’s some results…    

10’ Hawaiian size wave teaching me a lesson.    I’m in that cloud getting worked.    

Works good with pretty girls too…   Overall, the Narcissism camera is fun…

Great pics Carve.  I especially like the one from behind looking down the line.  Makes me want to go surfing.  Oh, and the wahine is really nice too.

....GREAT  stuff 'Carve' !! thanks heaps the usual wide angle lens making the wave look smaller issues [see brian conley's "my eyes won't dry"]

but the image quality looks GREAT !

How many 'megapixels' are they , i wonder ??

it would be great to get some 8x10" enlargements of some , i reckon ?!

....please keep the photos and your experiences of this camera coming , thanks guys !

cheers !

ben

I think my camera is a 4mp cam but they come in a 5 MP cam now  and it uses a up to a 32 SD card.[img_assist|nid=1048651|title=waterphoto|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=640|height=480][img_assist|nid=1048652|title=waterphoto#2|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=640|height=480][img_assist|nid=1048653|title=waterphoto#3|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=640|height=480]

We mounted one of the GoPro video cameras to the back of a longboard this past summer.  The quality is EXCELLENT, although uploading it to YouTube doesn’t make it look so good.  The waves were about 6", so…Not much to do.  We were also worried about losing the camera, so we tied an “AC/DC” flip-flop to it just in case LOL…Good times. Should be fun when the waves are decent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qrUizUjc60

thanks guys !

' tenny ',

6" is about the size of the waves Scarbs has , at the moment [the summer DULLdrums have REALLY kicked in at the moment ?!]

'lavarat' ,

is that a 32mb capacity card  that it can take , do you mean ??

...if so,   wow !!!!  ..... how many HOURS of footage would THAT give , i wonder ??

[from memory , my 2mb card , in my digital STILL  camera , gives at least ??45 minutes??  footage [although , obviously , the batteries die WELL BEFORE  that is ever possible ! ...lotsa backup batteries needed , when doing day trips and wanting to film , obviously ...hence , why i used to just take PHOTOS , when this camera USED TO BE WATERPROOF !!]

So, WHAT really  got me seriously thinking about taking surfing footage was....  my brother ['Lazarus' , here on sways , 'Simon'   to the rest of the 'Facebook' world !] told me of a mate of his , who took footage at 'Shipsterns' in Tassie, and he said the footage was GREAT quality , considering !

okay , many  thanks for the positive feedback , crew ...keep it up [and the photos and footage , too, please !]

cheers !

ben

i'm diggin the photos everyone. that first one you posted Ian and that down the line shot CarveNalu! Niiice! Ian we should hook up for a surf, i'll shoot some of you...

[img_assist|nid=1048677|title=surf pic water cam|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=640|height=332]Souds good Chris, we can trade off.

It is like shooting fish in a barrel when you are at a secret spot like F.P. in my first pic.