NEW YORK TO CALIFORNIA ROAD TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey im planing to take a 6 month road trip from new york to california to costa rica and then back down the east coast to surf. Im also into longboard skateboarding and hiking. Any suggestions of places or detours along the way. I plan to sleep in my van and bring a tent so and campgrounds by a beach in california would also be very helpful?

Lots of camping near/at breaks in central thru south cal. central and north ca you can often get away w/van sleeping and not have to pay for camp site. Lots of camp spots in baja as you go south.

You looking for crowds or not? quick pace or as slow as needed to surf enuf?

I know a few who have done about a 4-6mo trip from new england to CR and back, they seemed to have fun!

go adventuring, yea!!! do it for those of us who are settled in. ha!

Lots of camping near/at breaks in central thru south cal. central and north ca you can often get away w/van sleeping and not have to pay for camp site. Lots of camp spots in baja as you go south.

You looking for crowds or not? quick pace or as slow as needed to surf enuf?

I know a few who have done about a 4-6mo trip from new england to CR and back, they seemed to have fun!

go adventuring, yea!!! do it for those of us who are settled in. ha!

I dont mind crowds. I prefer no crowds but its california and probaly a slowish pace as long as I get alot of surfing in. I have a station wagon and im taking the back seats out and puting a bed in.