The egg thread, lets see them

Doing a search for "egg" here does not get me very far, and seeing how i got a great egg template from huie, i want to see them, and want to know all info/opinions on eggs.

Here's my fish, that due to a mishap, is now going to be an egg ( with a stupid looking baby butt crack ), or double ender.

its 5'8'' x 17n x 21 x 17t x 3. I have also made up a 6'6'' and 7'0 template from the spin template.

Very nice boards in this thread!

Here’s mine:

6’6" - 20"1/2 - 2"5/8

[img_assist|nid=1052699|title=egg|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=480|height=640]

[img_assist|nid=1052700|title=egg|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=480|height=640]

hey yorky i gota catch up with ya got a cple things to run by ya

Man I am so out of touch with shapes its not funny. What makes that shape so desired? I see a lot of talk around the forum about them. Is it like a cross between a long board and fish? Kinda looks like a throw back to the 60’s or 70’s?

I like wide, high volume boards, and i also like longer boards, so this is a bit of both. Im not a shortboarder either, so, again, this suits how i surf. This will have a single fin box, and also some boxes for keels.

There are some good threads on eggs, but they are hidden in other threads, some which i have saved ( and thanks for the PM a while back SammyA, i still have it ) and some i have forgotten.

Also,  huie himself has talked me through the basics of shaping it, but im still keen to have a thread full of eggs. Contrary to the saying, i think it'd be good to put all our eggs into one basket..........

Makes since thanks for the heads up, One shape and the best of both worlds.

here ya are beery.

the lttle dble ender is 6’  but if i show you the bottom i would then hve to kill you haaa’’

**the other board is 7’ & is hullish with some modern touches

both of my template same as yours.[img_assist|nid=1052543|title=eggs & others|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=480|height=640]

i only just sanded them to day

i am going to hafta get a beter camera

**        cheers huie

nice huie, I like that blue one!

Ohhhhhh come on Huie show us your bottom ....... everyones talking about it !!!!!!!!!!!

Pssssst .... I'll show ya mine !!!!

W

hey foamsta how are ya ya missing in action    haa’’

cheers huie

Hey Big Bloke !!!!

Sounds like I'm missing a bit of Huie action old mate !!!!

How my Probox's going ..... you probably still looking at 'em on your window sill

W ....

Beerfan, you can always fill the tail with a foam “dutchman” or patch. This presents an opportunity to do something different like turning it into a split flex tail.

[img_assist|nid=1052551|title=Twin Egg|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=640|height=480]

[img_assist|nid=1052552|title=egg|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=640|height=480]

I mixed up the titles.

Beerfan, you can cut out a little vee pattern in the tail and fill it with a nice laminated wood tail piece. That would look pretty sweet.

I love the double ender shape and have made quite a few. I have boards that are 6’0" up to 8’2" with that shape. I like having the wide point at or just above center on the longer boards like over 6’6" and just below center on shorter boards. The shorter board work better with more fins, but I ride the longer boards as singles as much as I can. 

Here’s some of them.

A couple of 5 fin eggos, 5’8" and 6’0".

7'0" egg, single fin but I want to add sidebites

here’s a 6’6" bonzer egg that Charlie Price helped me with. I did the shaping and I think the wood, but CMP may have helped do the wood. CMP glassed it and put the fins in for me.

[img_assist|nid=1052569|title=egg|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=0|height=0][img_assist|nid=1052570|title=egg bottom|desc=|link=none|align=left|width=0|height=0]

don’t know how to make this bigger, but here is my 5’10 scrambled egg

edited (by moderator) to add…

[quote="$1"]

A couple of 5 fin eggos, 5'8" and 6'0".

[/quote]

Spence...always like those boards for yours.  Love the five fin.  We are thinking the same with regards to this design.   Really nice shape.