FireWire customer service or lack of

G’day

has anyone had any dramas with faulty boards (alternator) from FireWire and then been told it’s your fault

I’ve been in the water twice and noticed the tail is starting to crack on the pin line where the bamboo meets

was told by FireWire rep that I dropped it which is strange cause I can’t remember dropping it.not trying to put FireWire down cause I really enjoyed the board for the time I had it but just wondering if anyone has had any issues

Post a pic,does the crack leak water when your done surfing?

it's only a small crack but big enough to allow some water but it looks like it wants to grow.

usually I would fix it but my concern is that a brand new board shouldn't start to crack after a couple of surfs

I've been told it's happened to a few boards where the rail saver constantly slaps the tail. there's also quite a few air bubbles through the glass so I don't know if that compromises the strength

A mate of mine had problems with his firewire and was also initially brushed off. He kept fighting and hassling until they replaced his board. Took a while though and put me off the company

go to a company where you can call the shaper personally, they are super responsive.

cheers will stick to me guns and hopefully they sort me out
I think the board shop I got it from are being the pain in da ass
FireWire said no and star surf want return calls

Crack in the glass??? I think the retailer should probably fix that and bill the manufacturer.  That’s the way it’s usually done.  

It amazing how damageing a negative experience with a company can be. I just had a bad experience with CLC for a $120 order. I E mailed Them on a friday they took care of the problem ASAP at their expense.Thats good customer service.! They will get my buss again in fact made a $ 450 order which they were right on top of . they got a lifetime customer and I will tell all my friends about CLCs excelent service. I will be doing more than $6,000 in orders with them over the next few months. Allways stand behind your product (even if you have to eat shit once in a while.) and you will always do well . I think thats why I am booked up for work during these hard times while most of the guy here on Kauai are hurting for work.

yeah it’s gets on my goat
I’ve been a loyal customer to star surf for 20 odd years
bought all my boards there and they can’t even get back to me
I agree they should fix it at least but it’s given me no confidence with the board. they should just replace the board and sell mine as a second. they will probably be down 300 odd dollars.
If they don’t and continue this pathetic customer service then they will miss out on a further 10 odd boards and wetsuits from me.

I had to fix some sand throughs and and open bubbles around the fin cups on mine.

I drilled two holes and used a vacuum set up to get about a 1/2 cup of water out  before I repaired the tail.

It was one of the best performing board I have owned but it has bigger problems now.

well bert berger left

that says sumptin’

dont it?

suggest returning the board…

A. for full refund plus tax

B.for full refund - the tax

C. 1/2 refund

D. no refund

or F. eat fecus kook

base their years’s grade on their 

choice … and an essay question

why should you continue to support 

an Industry instead of making

your own boards for i/3 retail.

…ambrose…

we all are in orbit

choose your altitude.

subterranean or stratosphere

underground or life in a vacuum 

or the best of both worlds

bury your head in the sand

with your wallet handy.

I know of a kid who paid full retail at the biggest super-shop that sells them for what every board should begin to be priced at, but that only newbies ever pay.  Where the rail wood meets the deck there was a sand through that was glossed over.  The board started taking on water immediately.  I told him to talk to the manager whom I have known since he was a kid and he would make it right.  It took them a couple weeks of haggling just to get the board fixed; he wanted it to be replaced.  Funny thing is kid is over it and will not ride it now.   

Geez guys … it’s a crack in the glass job … just get it fixed, not a big deal.  We all know how to do a simple repair.  You know, I found a chip in the paint on my car … I think they should give me a new car?  I also don’t understand the retailer … it’s really his responsibility in this case. He’s willing to jeopardize a good customer for a $20 repair? Not the brightest move I’d say. This is not anything catastrophic that happened and shouldn’t be a replacement issue just a repair.  You like the board and enjoy riding it … that’s the thing you want to preserve.

I understand it’s a doddle to fix the crack in the glass

i don’t understand why the board has started to crack

I dont want a board that have been advertised as being relatively strong  that cracks after two surfs in playful waves

what happens in some solid surf

it’s abit suss that’s it’s cracking along the pin line 

Hi all, 

New member here, I’ve searched through and can’t find anything resembling my question that I’m after opinions on so posting it here.

I’ve noticed an issue with two firewire LFT boards, hard to see in the photos (apologies) but they appear to have uniform 2" bumps only on the black foam stringer, I’m  at a loss as to what has caused it so thought where better to ask than here.

First photo is a two year old Cymatic, second is an eleven month old FRK.

It looks like the tape might have been folded prior to use

That’s a thought, you mean the striped " cabon" overlay? I guess that would explain the uniform appearance 2" between them . The question now is why would that appear over a 11 to 24 month period and not before, plus not across the whole striped piece? 

I dunno what caused those marks.  I just threw out a guess.  If it was due to folding rather than rolling the tape prior to use then maybe it didn’t show up at the beginning because you hadn’t yet surfed the board and subjected it to any flexing.  

Regardless of what it is, I don’t think you have to worry about the board breaking or anything.  

Thanks gdaddy,

Appreciate the input and something I hadn’t considered, I’d rather it was the tape than the foam as you say would have little impact on structural integrity of the board.

That said I rather it hadn’t appeared at all, I think I have board OCD and having a 1" corrugated strip down the bottom of the board messes with my head!