Your submission has triggered the installed spam filter and will not be accepted.

Lately, every message I try to post, I get this: Your submission has triggered the installed spam filter and will not be accepted.  Not even a code to enter, or anything.  Just basically, Message rejected, take a hike.  But I can say "I can't post a message" - the spam filter is OK with that.  What's going on?

----

edited to add: Hey, at least I'm getting a captcha code to enter with this one!

Maybe you post too much and the server thinks you are spam?

Hmmmm - if that explains why I can't post a reply, but I can post "I can't post a reply", it somehow eludes me, LOL.

edited to add: Hey - it posted this reply!  There must be some "key words" in my replies that it doesn't like.

Howzit Huck, Time to PM Mike aout your problem, since it is his site he should have an answer. Aloha,Kokua

Here's the dealio:

http://www2.swaylocks.com/forums/what-spam-filter

No - that is not the deal with me.  I don't get the captcha option.  Just basically "message rejected".  I've had the captcha code popup screen for awhile now, that doesn't bother me.

I guess it'll get worked out in time. 

I posted a link on the hws - moisture thread so anyone can read my rejected message, maybe someone will know why it was rejected as spam.  I tried re-wording it several different ways, and it always gets rejected.

Howzit Huck, Must be descrimination becuse i has never happened to me, just kiding about the descrimination. I was thinking about how my protection software checks incoming and outgoing data but after reading mikes post from Dec. 6 i now understand what is causing you and others to have this problem. Aloha,Kokua

i get the "captcha" any time i try to post with a link in my message...

if it cuts down on the frequency of those spam guys filling our front page, i'm for it.

Yeah, me too.  Like I say, I've been getting that for awhile, doesn't bother me.  Completely different issue.

[quote="$1"]

No - that is not the deal with me.  I don't get the captcha option.  Just basically "message rejected".  I've had the captcha code popup screen for awhile now, that doesn't bother me.

I guess it'll get worked out in time. 

I posted a link on the hws - moisture thread so anyone can read my rejected message, maybe someone will know why it was rejected as spam.  I tried re-wording it several different ways, and it always gets rejected.

[/quote]

hmmm, that must be frustrating...

like you say tho, it'll probably get worked out in time.

+1, no captcha, just no.

I figured it was barring me due to popular opinion....

Hi Kokua!  On a separate thread (about the captcha popup code) Mike said don't email me, I'll fix it in time.  So I'm gonna guess the same with this.  I just wanted to post, so he knew about it, but I hesitate to email him - since, although its a different problem, it does seem to be related.  Glad to hear Surfoils has the same problem, because you know, misery loves company!

It was really only a couple posts it did it to, but I reworded 'em at least five different ways each, and got rejected every time.  So after ten rejects, it starts to get frustrating!

I’m glad the glitch kicked back some of my replies since the follow-ups that did go thru said what I was going to say better than I was going to say it.

a very common form of spam lately is the short URL, which if clicked takes the reader to some site, often not what it appears to be.

Try taking the URL off your signature line.  Maybe that’s what’s causing it, although I don’t know that for a fact.

i copied Huck's text from the link he provided and tried to post it and got the same thing...

hmmmm

Same thing when i tried to post... I disected the post down and got it to go.. thought home depot might be triggering it or XPS or spray foam insulation. Which they are obviously working now.. Also had some dimmensions that were in there 8'x2'x3.5". Thats not it either... Those were the only things I thought could create some form of a link that would be rejected. and when I took the paragraph out that had this info in it. The post went through

yep the spam filter is doing it to me too, every post

edit: except for this for some reason, but i tried to post a new topic, but it woudnt let me???

I was wondering if dollar signs and didgits had anything to do with it?

123456789 $$$$$ nope

i just got it too