Rhode Island?

Aloha! I'm new here and to shaping but not to surfing.  I have just started shaping handplanes and I am starting work on my first alaia soon too.  I am looking forward to learning how to shape wood and foam. boards.  I know of one guy in my area that shapes and he's offered to show me his shop, Just need to make the call.  Anyways, who else is from Rhode Island on here?  anyone in Mass?

I’m in Newport.  Hit me up with a PM if you want to talk shop or check out my shop.  I do repairs and glassing right now but itching to get into foam shaping.  Some decent surf today hope you got out.

Hey. I live in Jamestown. Shaped several boards thus far, eager to get some tips if you guys know anyone. Take it easy.

Hi

Just wondering if there is still any interestest in the RI area, I live in Newport, and I am just getting started building my Longboard, Would love to see other peoples projects

Cheers

Max

Hi:

Just wondering if there is still any interestest in the RI area, I live in Newport, and I am just getting started building my Longboard, Would love to see other peoples projects

Cheers

Max

Hey Max,

I live in Newport and J-Town. I’ve been able to devote some time to making boards over the last few weeks. I have a channeled single-fin that came out pretty nice and am experimenting similar boards at the moment. 

Hope your longboard is going nice.

Where did you get your blanks?

I am making a hollow board, check out the general discussion threat for more pictures

Max