Oareye Surfboards : Clear Hollow Technology

HI !

**Oareye Surfboard is an achievement of research and development and an improvement upon earlier hollow and sandwich designs.

The patented Oareye offers exceptional performance and, through the transparent inner window, a view of the marine world below.

The Oareyeis meticolously handcrafted uning state-of-the-art industrial technology and exemplifies quality without compromise.**

**Here is the Oareye Diamond **

is an 'oareye ' and [?'woodogre's?] 'poke-eye' [ stick ] , related ?

resinhead ....ya funny bugger

cleanlines , too !

the camera pointing downwards to monitor water flow off fins is a worthy thought / point !

and , maybe , ? even one somehow INSIDE the board ?  ...just  so all the [red rag to a bull 'FLEX ' [yep , THAT word ?!]  arguers can have more fuel / ammunition

I reckon they look cool [the boards] !

I also would like to know ...is there an advantage  ? [ eg : the clear material , is it lighter / stronger / more waterproof / ?durable ? than wood , for example ?]

obviously you could tint them different colours , too ??

for example , maybe a bluey green tinted one could camouflage with the wave so it could look like you're "doin' the jesuuus thang " , eh ?! [ ie: 'walking on water']

cheers !

ben

Haha, nearly spat my tea out!!

This comment is probably the best entry I’ve seen in ANY forum :slight_smile:

I made 3 totally clear boards last year.Now I can’t find them.

How about mounting a camera pointing downward so we can watch what the water does around the fins?

So...errrr, whats the advantage?

• I can see the stealth concept of being clear...I could sneek up on seals..and quickly dispatch them!
  • Or I can see ol Whitey right before he dispaches me.
  • I like the wooded strut thingy...reminds me of my childhood making balsa gliders and sniffing the glue for the wing paper stuff.

Things needeed to complete package:

• Please put a water gauge on deck or at least a bilge pump. Or I will panic when it takes on water after hitting the reef.  maybe an alarm system when water intrusion becomes critical? maybe something that tells you when you have approximately 10 minitues before she sinks.
  • Maybe a little recording in the tail section that plays 1900's band music...right before she goes down nose first.
  • Compartment with inflatable life vest, w/ quick release capsule
  • Maybe a water tight compartments that don't close all the way, or maybe don't go to the top deck, but can be billed as water tight.

Just my recommendations.

Pretty cool idea though.

When I worked for Gary Linden, I saw a board come in from South Africa. It was solid clear plastic. It had a spine with ribs out to the rail. Totally clear two piece top and bottom with a what looked like a hot shrink-wrap tape to secure the seam on the rail. It also had solid plastic section for the FCS plugs. It was really light and totally clear. Never saw another one. It looked similar to the one posted here but was all plastic, nothing more. 

Barry

Where’s the door knob and lockset?

Paul J , can you offer if theres any advantage to oareyes construction ? And what did you use for the clear section? Polycarbonate would seem to be a contender?

And did you flex the sheets or do some heat moulding ?

I wonder if theyre vented as I cant see any vent..

Oareye do you have a www?

what do they look like waxed up. Not too clear anymore

This is really cool.  How do I get in touch with Oareye?  I want to chat with them about buying or reselling these boards.

Please send me an email! intl_fire@yahoo.com

Thanks

Swen

Here is the B-Side (Cristal issue)

…and the wooden hollow version …

and soon the Clear SUP…

https://swaylocks7stage.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/s3fs-public/IMG_0063.jpg

Old thread about see through boards…http://www2.swaylocks.com/node/1028667

Coming soon…

https://swaylocks7stage.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/s3fs-public/SUP1.jpg

Shouldn’t this be under “undustry buzz”?