sup

how do we handel SUO's?  I takes a great deal of money yo buy the eps blank,, its harder to work than poly urethane.. its more expensive to glass

than even a old school longboard and the return is minimal at best.. how can we charge $1100 and not really make much profit when someone  is selling chinese boards for $500 even sometimes throwing in the paddle and providing delevery and lessons?.. i don"t mean to bitch and moan but come on, any feedback from shapers?

i think i just try to develop my skills and make custom boards for expierenced wave riders

thats  s u p

5 fin with stinger body and bottom chanels

“Stinger body”… where?

Do you know what a ‘stinger’ is ala Ben Aipa? 

‘‘how can we charge $1100 and not really make much profit when someone 
is selling chinese boards for $500 even sometimes throwing in the paddle
and providing delevery and lessons?.. i don"t mean to bitch and moan
but come on, any feedback from shapers?’’  

Why do you think I am ‘‘retired’’.

CJ… take em or leav em.

It’s your choice. They are beasts to handle, take more space, the width is a challenge for glassers and they have other logistics than your 6’3" tri fins.

At the end of the day, it’s still your choice whether to do one for the customer or not.

The Chinese and other cheapie offshore labor is a moot point. Asia makes some great stuff and they also make really cheap crap, just like any other manufacturing country on the planet. 

The sweet taste of a deal gone wrong sours quickly in one’s mouth?

Buyer beware, ask around, read up on different manufacturers, ask friends who have one, try some demo’s… if you plan on making these, then do the same thing I just suggested the consumer does. 

What kind of profit margin do you expect? Are you just shaping the board and expect $300 or $400 for your part of it? What kind of ‘genius’ did you put into it? 

If it floats like a duck and looks like a duck… it’s probably a duck.

Glass it and sand it yourself.  Don’t you know only the glassers make money?