Yard feet?

So I just went to glass a 6’0" minisims (third backyard build) and the 2 YARDS of fabric that I ordered turns out to only be 6 FEET of fabric and not 6 1/2 feet.  Did I get short changed or is it standard practice in the states to call a yard = 3 feet???

A yard is 3 feet, so you got what you payed for.  If you are going to continue board building I suggest you brush up on how to measure things and the proper terminology, for it really does come in handy.  Also you should consider buying a whole roll of cloth so this can never happen again.  

Another one for the "Classic Files".

A meter is nearly 3.3 feet but a yard is only 3.  Live and learn and always buy a little extra.

https://encrypted.google.com/#hl=en&cp=20&gs_id=74&xhr=t&q=how+many+feet+in+a+yard&tok=EyuijGA7VDnbMV2nSQGYZQ&pf=p&sclient=psy&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=how+many+feet+in+a+y&aq=0&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=2812bf47fc93574e&biw=1920&bih=1105

live and learn right? =)

So after extensive research I have realized: that I am an idiot.

Shezit. Where the heck did ya get ur edjumoocation anyhow ! Betcha cant ad  nither hu? How many feet in a yard depends on how big the yard is and how many you invited to the par T. Cors depend on how many kegs O beer ya got two !! Dum chits anyway !! I used to use one o them yard stiks for maysurun but the yard got shorter everytime  I cut it off with my chop saw !!

PS had 400 feet in my yard at the 4th party !! Come time to cut the lawn there is only 2 feet  in the yard !!!

hahaha, at least you’ve come to that realization. In the end, we’re all idiots. Some of us never realize that but still go shooting our mouths off like we’re God’s gift. =)

[quote="$1"]

[quote="$1"]

So after extensive research I have realized: that I am an idiot.

[/quote]

hahaha, at least you've come to that realization. In the end, we're all idiots. Some of us never realize that but still go shooting our mouths off like we're God's gift. =)

[/quote]

Hey you rat bastard, I resemble that remark.

I had no idea that guy was one of them foreigners! 3.3 meters and what not.

Good comedy karlmoseh2o, thank you. After we all get these dimension things figured out you choose which one of us monkeys gets the assignment to apply for Benjamin's differential equation laminating job :)

i am curious how you were planing on glassing the otherside of the board? measure twice, cut once. 

hahaha, this thread is great!

=)

Hilarious. Bravo karl for having such a great sense of humor.  Hope you come back for more.  Show your boards, etc.  Mike

turn the material, corner to corner(canted) then it will cover a 6 footer.

and oh............don't worry about the twist.

herb

We all make mistakes, but all you really have to do is use the side-cuts to patch in on the nose and tail.  I always add a patch on the nose and tail anyways after doing a bottom or top.  Fair it in and hot-coat and the board is so much stronger for no extra cost…