Swayloholics in Raleigh North Carolina?

Hey y’all, I have good surf mate who just got relocated to Raleigh, North Carolina – and I’m wondering if any of you jokers hail from that area. Would be good to put you in touch with him as he know’s no one there…

Swaylock

Can’t speak to Raleigh, but I live outside Hillsborough (north of Chapel Hill). If he’s looking for surf, Wrightsville Beach is the closest but frankly (and I say this as a former resident of WB) if he doesn’t know someone who lives there parking and dealing with the locals can be major problems. Good longboard action on the north end, some excellent kite board action on the south end. 

The Outer Banks are a 3.5-hr (more or less, depending on actual destination) drive from Raleigh. Surfing there is excellent, especially this time of year. Look up Mickey McCarthy (former owner of New Sun surfboards, now a surf photographer) on Facebook for some shots of the recent post-storm action. Another good tip on Facebook is Rascoe Hunt, hower of Gale Force Glassing (surfboard shaper/glasser, also excellent surfboard repairs).

Be glad to help any way I can. I’m older (57, been surfing since '68) so I’m not into the party scene for young dudes, but can point him in the right direction for waves.

Strayhorn (the Nags Head Local)

We aren’t that bad down here at WB. Just like everywhere else we tend to distain wave theft and general kookery. His best bet is to surf the south end, it tends to have better sand bars. 

I’m in Raleigh and would love to meet up with some folks for day trips to WB, CB or Topsail. Swaylock you can PM me and his contact info or I can send you mine.