Custom made board cover for a freakishly small board - Bellyboard/mini-Simmons

Since Pridmore shaped the GST (gut sliding turle) - all 4’2" X 22 1/2" X 3s" of it I have two options of getting it to the beach.
Straight in the boot of the Camry sedan.
Or I can even ride my Vespa PX 200 scooter to the beach.
Didn’t have a board bag this small on hand to put it in so the wife and I got to work on fixing that.
We used upholstery fabric and stitched in an inner layer of padding which is a soft foam with an almost moleskin like finish.
Put two loops on it to attach a shoulder strap off one of my board bags I already have. No need to make a seperate shoulder strap when I have a few already lying around.
Draw string in the end.
Was going to do a flap and velcro but the drawstring works well too.
Now if I want to I can sling it over my shoulder and ride to the beach with no need to buy a special rack to hang it off the side (which costs a few hundred).
Will put a loop in the front to secure the nose so it doesn’t waggle about while riding.
Cops will love me.

Thought I’d post this up because I don’t know of anyone doing bags for mini-simmons boards…

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

We usually make padded didgeridoo, djembe drum and cigar box slide guitar covers for fellow stall holders at Australia’s famous Eumundi markets with earthier toned upholstery fabrics like these two below.

Here’s the board that goes in it.