Russ Takaki

To those of you that remember Russ , he passed away Sept 21 .   R.I.P .

Aloha gb,I know that name from somewhere's mybe you could enlighten me  little on who he was and it seems to me that he was from the older days and a really good noserider. Aloha,Kokua

I don’t imagine too many folks here remember Russ. He was a generation before most of us. He was from the period when hollowboards were the thing surfing Waikiki in those days. Was always the smiling guy in the group, the quiet guy.When balsa surfboards came into fashion, the transistion was made and later, when the first foam boards were introduced. He was from the period of Buzzy Trent, Pat Curran, Wally Forseith, Peter Cole, George Downing, Rabbit Kekai, “Blackout” Wailey, Buffalo Keaulana and others.

I was a gremmie, lived in Waikiki, got to tag along with some of the more notable surfers on trips to the north shore or over to Makaha in the early years.

Hawaii has lost another, to our great Kahuna, but certainly not forgotten for those of us who are still here.

Aloha noooo, Russ Takaki!  Aloha Noooo bruddah Russel!!

My spouse and i do not picture a lot of people the following keep in mind Russ. This individual ended up being the creation prior to many people. This individual ended up being from your time period when hollowboards have been it is important browsing on Waikiki in those days. Seemed to be usually the actual grinning person from the team, the actual tranquil person.