Surf Report in G-land October 15 - 17th 2011

Internet was down for a few days.  The swell was not.  Biggest G-Land that i’ve seen in a very long time.  Not consistently well refined, but every so rarely, a gem would come through.  First day of the swell, that being the 15th was already solid at the start of the day…double overhead plus and growing.  Probably got up to 3 times overhead on the big sets.  The 16th came down just a little, but not enough to change the feeling of being in the middle of that type of energy.  Rising and falling with the waves as they came towards the reef has a special feeling.  I think G-Land is safe enough for even a mediocre level surfer, but one that has at least decent paddling skills, to get out into the line up through the boat channel and sit within the energy and watch from a safe distance some serious ocean energy unload itself.  And today, the 17th required a surfer with really strong paddle power.  The current on the 15th and 16th was not too strong, but today it was unrelentling.  And probably cause it was the biggest day so far.  Triple overhead plus and not really that good at all from what i saw or attempted.  It just really can’t handle the massive swells here.  Maybe if it focuses directly onto Launching Pad and Speedies, but when Money Trees and above are all breaking, the amount of water moving downreef is essentially no different than a river. 

I WILL POST UP SOME PHOTOS TOMORROW!!! and we’ve been having real nice winds for this swell, offshores doing its best to groom up the massive faces…