surf Report In G-land October 21th 2011

Whenever the swell drops down to head high or a little larger, i enjoy seeing what comes into mind to do other than surfing.  The ding repairing deal seems endless.  Especially since there’s not many days that are head high to work on the boards.  No way i’m doing it when there’s good swell, unless i’ve decommissioned all my boards and need to get one funtioning.  Diving is always a beautiful thing to do out here, but the water hasn’t had clear visibility for a long time now.  Going for a walk up and around Cape Blambangan is a recentering of the spirit…if it’s needed…or just a nice walk.  Sometimes it’s a must to get away from the electricity!!! 

After all that…i went for a surf.   Took up the gambling idea that Tigertracks would actually be fun.  From my last look at Fan Palms, seeing a few head high plus sets coming through, i figured it was worth it.  So we went…Indonesia representing twice with Samson and Matt, Oz, South Africa, and the Czech Republic.  6 of us in total and after the gerandong reached its parking spot…it rested there for the next 4 hours.  Through the forest track and feet landed in the sand, we ducked under the low lying beach trees and had the first view.  So smooth with just a light windblown texture, and 2 people out.  Surprised to see them, especially since they came over from Grajagan on a local cukung.  Surf was consistently about waist high.  Sounds smalls but not reall for Tigertracks since the form of the wave is real nice.  A few chest to shoulder high sets and everyone was real happy to have taken up the gambling spirit. 

Tomorrow will be intersting to see what materializes.  Doesn’t seem like we’re gonna receive anything significant, but time will tell!!!