Manfurd Pura Vida school Jaco Beach Costa Rica

Manfurd surf instructor Jaco Beach Costa Rica a great person and a brother in law

Howzit piranha,Sorry to hear about your loss and Costa Rica is one of my favorite places to go and the people are great as is the surf. Spent quite a bit of time in Jaco Bch at the Jaco Bch Hotel and for $40 a night ( last time I was there) you can't beat it except foe hotels on the Nicoya Pen. Aloha Kokua

Wow kokua you must have been here quite a wile ago $40.00 a night, well the Jaco Beach Hotel is the Best Western Hotel now. But Joco is still a little surf town but with big hotels, I live on the other side Herradura beach. But I keep loading up the car to set up the surf school with the remaining brother in law to keep the family business going.There is a web page that manfurd had before he dided it needs a little working on I think its purdavidajocosurfschool.com not to sure about the web address.

Sorry to hear about your loss. I found the website for the surf school, here it is: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.192818717413017.52331.192811397413749&type=3#!/media/set/?set=a.192818717413017.52331.192811397413749&type=3

Been to Heradura a few times and surfed “The Island”, fun break.

Thanks W1978 that’s the facebook part but theirs a web site that he was working before he dided  www.pudavidasurfjaco.com  Its not working now for some reason just called the guy that did the web page it should be right .Yea then you know W1978 the Island is a cool break it’s kinda of fat and slow but it can be surfed on any large swell and it well always hold up it could be a possible tow-in break on a monster swell.

PIRANHA1 My first trip down there I showed up at the tail end of a huge swell and the Island was apparently double overhead and breaking almost all the way through during the peak of the swell. The people I was talking to surfed that swell way up toward Boca Baranca at a small little town with a beach that had this great left barrel that broke off this rock reef just off the beach. I could never remember the name of the town but the wave was fun, I caught it once at chest high. I did get to surf the Island at about head high on another trip and it was fun. On a fish that wave could be great to just completely fly on and do turn after turn.

Yes the Island realy is not good intel it dubble over head  OK there is a real good left just north or west from were I live playa agujas if you cought it chest high to head high it would have been a real big swell its a left zippering wave perfect right before Boca Baranca there is a kind of port town called caldera way out at the end of the jetty there is a absolute awesom left that again takes a large swell…

Howzit piranha, I have gotten some great waves in Costa Rica and Playa Hermosa has always been good to me and that was on a longboard. The Nicoya Penninsula has some great wave also and to tell you the truth I can't remember ever having any bad sessions in the whole country. I was offered a couple of jobs but I was involved with my own businesses on Kauai and just could't break away. You are very lucky to live there. So how much does it cost to stay at a nice hotel there these days at say Iguana Azule Aloha,Kokua

Howzit going kokua Iguana looks like a good deal during low season which is high season for waves May-Nov 45.00 to 125.00  here in Jaco and Herradura you could get a cabina or a room for a lot less and food is cheaper.You could live for 20.00 a day if you eat of the beaten path but it is getting like Hawaii here, Your from there I know because you were giving a Hawaiian name.Pay here in Costa Rica is at best bad put if you get a contract for surfboards or for sure boats and yachts its good money but trainable help is hard to find

Pura Vida

Piranha

P.S Gas 4.25 gal