Your Beautiful Moments, 2011

Today,

My son Cruz’s 1st Fish.

So Stoked, Love him so much!

:slight_smile:

Not the surfboard kind ha ha

He just turned 4.

Very cool!

Great shot, that fish will get bigger and bigger as the years go by. I'm sure you heard the old joke about ''how can you tell if a fisherman is lying?" The answer is....

''his lips are moving''

Here's my favorite pic of 2011. My son, who stole my new board and won't give it back, discovering the gift of glide.

Yorky,

so much fun to fish with a young son!!  Still remember my sons first fish, and how excited he was. 

Nothing better then being a Dad, and helping your son grow up into a man you can respect as well as love.  Couldn’t love my own son more, be more proud of him, or have more fun with him splitting the peak.  He’s now 33 and about to become a pop himself for the first time, and soon we’ll have another generation to fish and beach with.

Enjoy every moment with your son!

:slight_smile:

out the door right now to catch up with my family

Merry Christmas!!!

A perfect day of surf at a beachbreak with just me and my 3 children out.

When I read the title of this thread, I thought of exactly what you guys posted! - my most memorable surf day this year was a solid 6 foot day, but instead of going to the spot that was holding the swell, my son and I surfed the waist high longboard reefie. 

He slid into a couple all the way to the beach.  He said “thanks for taking me surfing dad”…, and that’s my best sesh of the year, hands down.  

When my pet Chimp “Bob” refused to shape a mini simmons. He said in sign language… “Those boards are lame as hell” and threw a half chewed cigar and a beer can at the Dude that wanted it. Bob has more sense than most of us and is totally green.

Lol…

boogie

Merry Christmas Sways Crew!

a few of my beautiful moments from 2011

Just two days ago, while camping on the Yorke Peninsula. We’d spent the morning setting up the tents, surrounded by kangaroos, emus and even one sneaky little brown snake and were in need of cooling off.

Half an hour later I was sitting on this reef in the middle of a stunning bay, alone in the lineup but for a couple of canadian backpackers about 150m down the beach. Tiny swell but a perfect 2-footer rolling through every 15 minutes, my wife and kids playing on the sand.

All of a sudden a pod of around 10 dolphins cruised into the peak in front of me, three babies among them. They were just passing by, but I began tapping out a rhythm on my board and they all turned and swam right up and stopped in front of me. I could almost have reached out and touched them, they were so close. 

One of the older dolphins lifted its head out of the water and nodded at me a couple of times, while the youngsters swam circles under and around me, watched closely by their parents. After about a minute they all swam off, down towards the Canadians. While their minds were getting blown, I paddled in to the beach to share the experience with my wife and kids. 

The dolphins headed back up the beach, so my wife ran in and swam out to them, about 25m offshore. She swam with them for a couple of minutes until another set rolled in and the dolphins headed off to catch a couple. The wife returned to shore and we sat and digested what had just happened for a quiet couple of minutes, until we were brought back to reality by our 1yo son, who started to complain when the mouthful of sand he’d just inhaled didn’t taste as good as he’d expected.

Roll on 2012. That’ll do for me.