Interested in a NEW FIN DESIGN?

Just curious.     I've checked, and it is able to be patent protected.     Can be made to fit any box setup.   Anyone interested in going into the fin business?   The fin will allow you to go faster, and turn sharper  without loss of drive, than other fins now available.     Like I said, just curious.         

Hey Bill

That is my personal take on it, i hope you don’t take offense.

Why is that?

You are on a backyarders site with some occasional pro-s coming in. 

You show nothing of what you talk about, no pictures, just talk, saying it is going to make -a profound change in surfing- 

So, why would people be interested? We have to take your word for it?

To sell stuff, you also have to wither market it, make business deals, get credit for it, by good surfers usually, or good word of mouth.

And we all know you are not a business man, but an experienced shaper/surfer

You should, in my humble opinion, just shape more boards with the fin set up you talk about, and make money for yourselves

And on here, we have only had 1 guy out giving feedback on your shapes, so there is not a lot of ground for credibility

Sure, you share your knowledge, and people are greatful for it, me included, but you should share more

Tomo Surfboards, look at that site, then compare it to what you have, and want to sell

Regards !

…hey Larry, still waiting for the pins for the fins after 3 years…just saying

I know that are cents, but if you want support you should offer support

will it have both left and right wings?

w/o giving up too much info bill,

what set-ups can this fin be used with ?

eg. single,twin,tri,quad,etc.etc.etc.

i wish you the best.

herb

[quote="$1"] will it have both left and right wings? [/quote]

Greg,

That really DID get me to laugh out loud.     Quite funny.

[quote="$1"] ...what set-ups can this fin be used with...single,twin,tri,quad,etc.etc.etc... [/quote]

All of the above Herb, all of the above.

" ...Anyone interested in going into the fin business ? ..."

.... on that note....

whatever happened to 'lokbox'  , 'halcyon' , and 'blakestah' , the other finmakers who posted here in the past ??

[ I miss their fin photos input here , we need more fin makers ! ....]

cheers !

ben  

Ben, Always great to see your energy my friend. Mahalo, Larry

Aloha Larry,

Are your glass fins cut by CNC these days, or hand foiled?

Hand Foiled, we did CNC foiling in the late 80’s for windsurfing but the cost and limitations were not in our favor, we moved away from it. Just like today the CNC fins are made up of a different lamination to work with the cutting ability of the CNC machine, which causes you to loose the proper flex properities in the performance world of the fin. Mahalo,Larry

Larry… As I’m sure you’re aware ,those paper masks are of limited protection… In other words… They have  limitations in their mask to face contact… Or in true respirator speak.  They lack  a positive seal…usually around your nose…

.CNC milling of fins only makes sense if G10 is used… Milling hand
laid up glass layers seems like overkill …imho…    The CNC machine
tooling  and it’s costs are far superior to the non uniform hand laid
up  fin material being machined…

Take care my friend…

Really! Hand foiling is after all completely passe’.

We must needs quench any notions of hands on projects

and let the digital world have it’s time to perfect our world.

The human hand is such an imperfect evolution and has

little promise for anything truly creative.

But being a cave man my ancestors have bequeathed me little

to work with but hands and what innovations my small

mind can conjure. Thus I fashion my crude offerings to fluid

performance and witness my fellow premordials grunt, hoot and

gesticulate in delight, which gives us both deep satisfaction 

in our admittedly archaic state (-;

Thanks, Kiterider, I was doing some proto type work so yes paper mask.Our blower system is like air conditioning unit sucks the dust and fumes quickly from hitting the face of our workers. But the heavy work at the factory is done with filter breathing masks.

Agree with you G-10 (2oz compressed epoxy) is a nightmare to foil by hand which is why we used CNC for windsurfing Race fins in the late 80’s. Always nice to see the great stuff you do, you are the CNC King. Keep up the good work my friend. Mahalo,Larry

Thought I would share a pic of me in 1975 cutting out fins, yes with a filtered mask and not paper. Enjoy my friends thanks for years of support, LOVE you guys (-:

Mahalo, Larry

.... yes, I like those fin designs , Larry !  They would be interesting to try [ widowmaker setup] in some of my finboxed boards.

please keep up the creativity , and please keep posting  PHOTOS ,  'Halcyon' and  Larry !

....your work is an inspiration to a tinkerer like me !

[YES ....I WILL persevere with hand foiling fibreglass fins !  nice to see OTHERS who do , too ....]

[now , WHERE did mr. BLAKESTAH  go , I wonder ? ]

cheers guys !

ben

Oh, Yeah…")

Kiterider:    born :   02 / 05 / 57

Larry…

Thanks for the Un-deserved props… But you’re thinking of someone else… (“CNC King”)

When I win the big lottery … CNC will be my middle name…lol

Always love seeing your fins here Larry…

Totally stoked with the way you layer the colors in the glass and how it sands out in the foil bands…

That my friends… Is  fairly unique.

**** @ Hans.*****… Maybe you could apply this color app. to your layered fin foil design  program ?           

Or… Larry…    visa -versa…

Larry, post up those pics. as much as your busy schedule will allow… You’ll  make Chippy’s    day!!!

I’m doubtful that this was the direction  Bill wanted his thread to take… Sorry for the Left turn Bill…

Larry , You sure dress funny !!! Grampa Larry!!! 1975 !!!Chit man looks like a Rockwell 14 inch bandsaw ?

As you can see… You’re truly missed here Larry…")

If bandsaws could talk… How many fins, and how many nearly lost fingers…?