ARCTIC FOAM- lighter, tighter, and better

If you have not tried Arctic Foam yet, you are behind the times!  check them out

Id love to try arctic foam But after 3 months of no call backs, no email replys, even so much as trying to get a response on Facebook. I dont care how good your product is. If your customer service sucks ass you will get no where. I shouldnt have to beg them to take my money, and Im not some backyard operation that is trying to by 1-2 blanks, our initial order would be of several thousand dollars.

Hi resindrums -

A couple of weeks ago I received an immediate and helpful response from Marty Gilchrist at Arctic Foam and I made it clear that I was just a hobbyist and not likely going to be buying any significant number of blanks.

Resindrums… delivery first, everything else will either fall into place (or not). Did you call and speak to Tracy at 760.721.5100 and tell her you are interested in purchasing several thousand dollars worth of their product?

I have just emailed this thread to Tracey AND Marty at Foam Corps aka Arctic/Surfblanks America. Now let’s see if someone contacts you.

phone, email, facebook all 3.

2 phone calls both times Marty was suppossed to get back to me…never happened.

Email got a response they were suppossed to follow up on never did.

Email from secondary account, never got a response at all.

The irony is the accounts and info arent even linked so you wouldnt know if it was 3 people they blew off or 1.

To me thats just unacceptable.

At this point they lost me as a customer before they even had the chance. They may or may not have a better product but just like customers that come to me for boards, I too am a customer in this sense and Ill give my business to the people who treat me like I want to be treated… The beauty Is at this point we have choices, Its  not like before where I had to Hide the Walker blanks when the Clark guys dropped off my foam. Maybe they have better things to do than address me as a customer and try to fulfill my needs, but thier competetion treats me like gold , always has time for me and has from first contact years back.

It doesnt matter if the contact me now… It should never have come to the point thats a problem that they need to contact me… The alternative would have been to follow up, return calls and email to avoid ever having a problem in the first place.

I do regular business with U.S. Blanks and Arctic. Hurley at USB gets back to me quickly and they have terrific delivery.

Tracey at Arctic gets back to me and through a difficult time they have steadily improved their delvery and customer service. I spoke with her today and she read this thread which I forwarded to her and Marty. Tracey said she checked the Facebook site and there is no message sent to them. She maintains the site and answers all messages sent. She said it is unfortunate and disturbing that you are so displeased.

There is no question that U.S. Blanks can deliver their product quickly and efficiently. I called them the gold standard of service in another thread, and I meant it. Arctic has a terrific product and it is too bad you were unable to try the foam. They are growing in leaps and bounds due to having such a good product, and I know their hearts are into improvng in every way possible for their growing customer base.

Too much business is a wonderful problem to have, however, it is also one of the most difficult challenges to conquer. Imagine f your board orders suddenly went fifty fold because you were doing great boards and overnite everyone wanted them.No doubt people would be bitching about you not supplying them, especially if you spent more time filling orders you had deposits for instead of calling back people explaining or apologizing.

I’m not saying you’re wrong, your expectations are entirely fair. And it’s not my place to explain what I don’t know. All I can offer is my personal experience that I have had.

Bottom line is competition makes people try harder. Without it performance isn’t challenged and therefore suffers. We are fortunate to have choices versus a monopoly.

If you don’t like what you’re watching, change the channel… if you still don’t like it, turn it off.

Sometimes life is an exercise in frustration.