UK Surf Film Festival August 31st

Morning all,

Just wanted to drop a quick note to anyone interested in a surf film festival I’m helping to organise in the UK.   

Are you someone who wants to get your film seen for the first time by
an interested audience; who’re probably going to be pretty hopped up on real
ale and BBQ food?!  Anyone know anyone who might want to get their film out there to a core surfer audience?  Anyone looking to watch some great surf films under the open sky? 

We might be the guys to help.

We’re getting together with the deckchair cinema in Croyde on the last weekend of August, Friday 31st of August to be precise.

We’re going to put together an outdoor showing of short films.  We’re planning on a big screen in the open air, a couple fo hundred deckchairs and a bit of fun.  We’re a little short on films at the minute, so we’re hoping that we might be able to drive a bit of interest by calling out to shapers and surfers here at Sways, some of whom I know make films themselves and others who might be able to spread the word to any film shooters out there.

Feel free to message me through sways or to check out the film festival website at www.amplitudefilmfestival.com it’d be great to hear from any film makers out there or anyone interested in coming along to the show.  If you’ve got some boards you’d like to exhibit on the night and perhaps be on hand for a talk on your shapes? Well we’d be pleased to have you there.  

It’d be great to meet any of the names behind the avatars here at Sways.  I just want to say thanks to all the legends on here for sharing their stories and technical wizardry so freely.  A special thanks to Huck who never ceases to amaze me with his boards and photography, that’s inspirational stuff you’re making there Huck.  WoodOgre that kookbox build thread was a thing of legend.  Big thanks to Thirdshade for taking some time out to talk to me at the Fishfry and for a little quiver of boards that blew me away.

Adios and thanks all

Amplitude

I have a friend currently shooting a short film of me making an EPS epoxy multifin 6’2" - will only be about 5 minutes long but he’s real good behind the camera…will definately be able to pass it on for you to use…
Cheers
Rich
www.thirdsahde.com

BREAKING NEWS!

Want to get your film seen and considered by… THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL?  Well, then you’d better submit it to the Amplitude Film Festival!

That’s right, the top films shown at the festival will be passed on to the development team at the discovery channel.  They have got in touch with us to send them our premier picks from the festival in August to look at production for their programming next year.  So, if you want a shot at getting your film shown to a worldwide audience get over to www.amplitudefilmfestival.com and get your film in the running! 

It’d be great to get a few surfing and shaping films at the festival, we’ve even had a parasailing short in but we’re still scratching around for surf movies though weirdly?!  Anyone who’s interested please don’t hesitate to get in touch via sways or the film fest site www.amplitudefilmfestival.com

Thanks again to all the folks at Sways, this forum’s been an unbelievable help in my understanding of board design.

Amp

Er Johnabbey44 - not sure if your account might have been hacked or if you’re trying to communicate and English isn’t your first language, if it’s the latter fair play, I’d struggle to come up with a translation for technological or wizardry in any other language so cheers for your efforts in reaching out…

(The film festival went really well BTW, we sold out the deckchair cinema!  Thirdshade’s shaping video got a play during out intermission, there were a few guys who seemed quite taken with the black rail bands, it’s a solid signature Rich.)  

Back to you though Johnabbey44 - If sadly it’s the former set of sad circumstances, it’s time to update those passwords buddy. 

Regards 

Amp