Jackie Dunn board ? ..... maybe

Any info would be appreciated,

I have a board that I’m in the process of restoring.

It’s a pink pigmented single fin 5’ 10" rounded pin no decals. I hit it with the sander to see if I could unwrap it’s history underneath. All I came across was the shapers name J Dunn, size of the board & the date shaped 24/05/81.

Was wondering if anybody had  any info on Jackie Dunn as my knowledge of the man is limited. I did the google thing which was also limited. Did he shape?

This one is pestering me …

I’m on the east coast of OZ

Thanks Keith. 

Jackie Dunn is a surfing icon, who mastered Pipeline along with Gerry Lopez, Rory Russell, Jeff Crawford and Mike Armstrong in the seventies.  I surfed with him a year ago, in some slop, and he still choose to ride a board more suited to Pipe’s earlier glory days.   The High School kids I was with didn’t even believe he could ever surf, after watching him that day; still I did my best to convince them at one time he was one of the best at the most treacherous surfbreak known to man at that time.  He’s doing fine, and maybe this thread will get his attention.

“Pink pigmented”? One of PT’s boards?

If the date was written in this manner: “24/05/81”…it is not likely it was shaped by an American.

US dating convention is written as  - month/day/year

Earlier this year Jackie’s sister and brother were here from Kauai and came by the factory, while in Florida, circa early, mid 80’s, a young man showed up at the Brevard becahes, he was a steward on one of the airlines, said he was Jackie Dunn.

I asked them about when he was in Florida working for the airlines, they got this baffled, deer in the headlights look, “he never wotked for the airlines”. Poser, imposters everywhere