EPS Builders / News on Segway Composites

The new owner of Segway Composites is moving, and is planning on selling EPS blanks at huge discounts.  He mentioned several hundred dollers for a truckload of first quality.  (I did not ask what kind of truck).  The foam is all well fused, high pentane, mostly Star Foam brand, I am told. They are located in beautiful Colton."<!--break-->"

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++"<!--break-->"

REPRINT from General Discussion"<!--break-->"

Recently I found out that Segway has a new owner, (Nick Scheef), and that they are back making EPS blanks in all sizes, and densities 1# through 3#.  They have the CNC hot wire, and APS 3000 w Shape 3-D that our Sway's member Ken, (Airframe), set up. "<!--break-->" 

I talked to Ken recently, he was helpful as ever, said it was all too time consuming.  He is healthy, happy, and I think, over it.  He said he loved working with the spectrum of individual backgrounds, and personalities (my paraphrase), and that he had no regrets (his words).   "<!--break-->"

The bad/good news is that Nick has signed a lease in Lake Elsinore, and will be moving soon. Not much of an improvement over Colton for us in OC/LA, which is significant because they do not deliver.  It is an improvement for San Clemente/SD, however.  The web site is Googleable.  "<!--break-->"

It is good news for all, because he is having a blow-out inventory clearance.  Like three blanks for the price of two, and half price truckload discounts.  Lots of shaped blanks with slightly off center APS cuts, slight bump caused variations, etc. that can be salvaged.  I'm not sure when, this week I think.   The foam is all well fused, high pentane, mostly Star Foam brand, I am told."<!--break-->"

sickdog