visit to France

Hey there in France.I am planning a compassionate visit to Biarritz in France for August/nSeptember,unless i am needed closer to the time. I have a older brother in Hospital in Bayonne>He was involved in a serious motor accident in 2010 November.He came back to south africa soon afterwards.In july 2012 he was requested to return to France for a medical examination for the legal courts.Unfortunately he relapsed and had a stroke and convulsions so is being kept in hospital at this point,and we dont know for how long he will be there.

I live and build surfboards in Jeffreys Bay and am looking for some work for while i am in France to pay for my visit>I shape,laminate.sand, fin glass on and instalation and water paper and polish,pretty much all of it and learnt my craft in Jeffreys Bay over a period of 30yrs.Unfortunately Jbay being  small it doesnt take much for the mega stores to flood our market  with surboards using discount tricks and many other factors to create an unfortunate financial climate here.hence the reason for me to hook up to find work for while there. Anyone interested? ,thanks mikey

pray your brother recovers fully,and you find something.Aloha

hey kava,

thanks for your prays and wishes,hopefully something will come up,serious stuff so i have the belief something will materialise.Thinking i should put this request in the discussion or industry talk ??

Hey, I was just in Biarritz/Anglet during the spring. There may be a few local shops/shapers in town but I know there is a factory in Hossegor about half an hour a way, do-able if you have transportation. The website is http://www.surf-odyssey.com/ I don’t know the owner or anyone who works there, but it’s worth shooting them an email. I can also ask some friends who are pro’s down there if they know of anything.

Sorry to hear about your brother, hope he makes a speedy recovery. 

-TJ

Hey Turbojets,thanks for your response.I am on my way from Jbay to Cape Town rite now to get the French visa .Then fly to France wed,left Jbay with a 4ft swell.When I get to. Biarritz I check it out between visits to the hospital,I really don’t know how long I will be there too.I have a friend ‘Madgiloiu’ in Lacanau also in the board making industry and will look him up,if there is time to travel up there.I have a few shapes-designs if anyone is interested too.We will see what happens. “Who knows what happens next” quote from the late great Tony van den heuvel -Jeffreys Bay.

Well i am back from France.What an amazing trip.Good visit to hospital and accomodation  was dead right thanks to Mike Mcniel,long time glasser from Lightning Bolt days.Met some fantastic guys ie: surfers from french basqe and Esturban and Romu from the Pro Surf at Parlamenter,very helpful if u need to rent or buy a board or wetsuit and repairs too.And a great big thanks to Balsa from swaylocks who opened his workshop and home to me,no questions asked,which alloed me to show my craft-skills.My last week was spent at a quaint hotel in Guethary called L’ Escale run by 2 surfers Denis and Joelle,and was a short walk,almost at the beach of a great wave which i surfed most days called Parlementer.And it is crowded but a whole lot of fun to surf.So anyone planning a trip that way,you are welcome to contact me and i can give you some pointers on the area and which markets to get your food etc. Mostly thanks and praises to our creator for opening the doors to allow me to accomplish what i had to do and provided more than i asked for…