ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST

I truly hate to add another compadre to the list of fallen warriors. TOM SIMS was a gr8 surfer, skate and snowboard legend and a long time friend. I had not seen him for years when I heard a voice behind me at the Goleta Home Depot nursery saying

“hey, isn’t that Bruce Fowler the shaper?”.

I turned around and it was Tom, with a big smile on his face. We studied each other as friends do that haven’t seen each other for too long, allowing time the luxury of having its way with us. But after that meeting we kept in touch pretty regular over the past year.

…and now this.

Tom was one of those people so engaging and full of life. People like Tom appear more immortal than others.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

That fragile line is there for all of us.

Time waits for no one.

I am left with memories.

Just memories.

Sad news…it’s a reminder that I should get out more and see people…pay 'em a visit or just pick up the phone and call to say hello…

This is all too true Kayu.  A friend of mine had bought a bottle for our mentor. He had fallen sick months ago...Cancer.  My buddy was going to see him on a Thursday but then got too busy, so then it was the next Thursday, then the next...always too busy.

Last week we had the memorial......and we drank that bottle in honor of our mentor, but never had a chance to say good bye.

Always take the opportunity to say good bye.