" hahahahaha ...WIPEOUT ! "

[ ...sorry that  I don't know how to attach the famous music , too !]

" and , now , IT'S " ...[insert Monty Python's Flying Circus music , here ]....

continuing the aussie tradition of 'warts and all' ..... showing surfing as it REALLY is ! .....

... a photo thread ! ...

here ya go , crew ,  I'll start the ..er...' bail '  rolling !

[there's just nothing quite like a decent drubbing , first thing in the morning , to clear the sinuses and wake us up , eh ?!  :)  Even a small wave like this can still slap me around fairly well  ]

zres13-1.jpg

zres14-2.jpg

zres15-2.jpg

So....

human cannonballs

rocket launchers

lobster dives

buried noses

caught rails

lip pitchings

caught-inside floggings

kooks burning people

board bails

[....did I forget any ??]

...please , post them ....here .... " IF " you dare ?!

If for no other reason than to give 'Surffoils' a new avitar ! 

[and us , a laugh , maybe ?!   it's funny , when it's not US being flogged ! ]

And , if you're not too happy letting the world see ya "eating it" ?

Well , then ...

?  maybe you could post some shots of your mates / 'buds' , instead ?

yeehaa

" DOWN  we go ! "

cheers !

ben

p.s. -

"thanks" for these shots , Simon ? [a slight pity that there wasn't the previous four or so shots , too , eh ?  that was one FAAAST [non-made , obviously] drop .....]

Looks like me most of the time. Love it!

You forgot one:

Face Plant!

Did you survive?

Haha!!! We’ve all been there. Looked like a fun little wave too.

hahahaha deepc -  face plant was the first thing that came to my mind when i saw the pics

hilarious, thanks for putting that up.

...no worries, Greg !

good to make someone laugh [it's ALWAYS funny when it happens to someone ELSE ,  eh ?!]

as Groucho Marx apparently said [on his deathbed] ..." always leave them LAUGHING !"

" And , now "...

Here's the "superman' / human canonball , on rowan's foam board [photo by him...used as 'surffoils' avitar]

....this one was a belly buster / faceplant combo manouevre ... " degree of difficulty .... zero " !

yep , that one WAS  the 'faceplant ' , for sure ...and , " the belly[less, in my case!] slap , wind you , and then get sucked back up and over , manouevre"

...like I said , though small waves , they can still knock the wind outta ya , sometimes , eh ?!

yes , fibreglassman , THAT'S why it was all the more frustrating !

paddle into it , thinking ,

"great ! this will be a TUBE " [and,  my brother's on the beach with a camera , WHAT could possibly go WRONG ?! ha] 

ACTUALLY ...ALL I woulda had to time to think on that one was probably "go ...go...uh,  oh !", as the bottom dropped out of it ?!

I would have LOVED to have seen three or so PREVIOUS shots , or had FOOTAGE of that , so I could see just where I NEEDED to be , and what [besides the obvious!] went pear-shaped.

Then , it 'could' have maybe been a good photo sequence for the defunct 'surfing technique ' thread , and maybe the "floatation and rider' type threads, too ?

Well,  I am guessing that no-one ELSE is going to post shots of them wiping out on this thread ,

....but , like I say ,

feel free to post ANY wipeout shots here ...

....maybe , if you're good with photoshop stuff [I'm CLUELESS  on that] , you could do the 'resinhead'  " make-your-head-disappear-type" treatment on the shot[s] , if for some reason you wish to remain anonymous [?!] ... but I can't imagine WHY that would be , though ?  :) ]

cheers , and happy faceplants !

ben

..... I always liked Martin Potter's quote [ from back in his World Pro Tour days ] ...

" if you can't have a good wave ...then , at least , have a good WIPEOUT ! "

the amount he WENT for it [early aerials , for example] meant that he certainly lived up to his ...er ....  'creed' !

:)

Ben ben ben, if only someone filmed me, i'd fill pages!!. I've considered being a wipeout coach haha.

hahaha

good on ya beery

maybe its more an aussie / kiwi / pom thing to boast about our beatings / publicly humiliate ourselves eh ? [it's what beer is FOR  , ain't it ? heheh]

come over here , and I'll film / photo you !

...your signature wouldn't be the SAME , without the last THREE WORDS ,  would it mate !

I'll try a different wipeout every time , perhaps ?

...soon have a resume full to show prospective .....? ding / snap fixers ?

" but there's MORE ! "

from June 2011  .... again , this photo was taken by Simon !

the back slap / 'splat'  [on the 6'11" Ritchie West Bullett ]

simonsshotsjune2011trip.jpg

iceman

today...

" nice day for a spot of noseriding on my 9'6" , I think ..."

zresnovember24th201218.jpg

..... " oh , HANG on a minute .... what's HAPPENING ?! "

zresnovember24th201219.jpg

[gurgle , gurgle ... ***cough *** ...splutter ....]

zresnovember24th201220.jpg

Then , minutes later , further up the beach ....a neighbour shows HIS take on the wipeout .... [ I think I'll call this one the "froggie" ] .....

zresnovember24th201247.jpg

haha classic 

Had a few good ones this week  no pics though,  best may have been proneing back in to the baech the wave reformed into a little barrel managed to get too deep and parallel sucked up and over hahaha.