Job: Running Surfboard CAD Machine in Oceanside, CA.

I have a CNC machine for cutting surfboards. I need someone semi-local who can work part time leading into a full time position if wanted. Pay is minimal until fully trained.

You must be very decent with basic math: specifically converting fractions to decimals. And decimals to fractions. Hard to believe, but not everyone can do this easily. Must have good vision: specifically at close range. A basic knowledge of computers is required. A sharp memory is needed. NO Drug or Alcohol while on the job: strictly enforced(including remaining intoxication from night before).

Obviously, I need someone VERY reliable. Hours can be flexible after/ and sometimes during training. Training can take 3-6 months depending on how quickly you can learn. I do not want someone who is looking to start /or who currently has their own surfboard company. I am not teaching someone to shape or design surfboards. I need workers.

Pros: 1.) If you surf, you will learn more about your product. And after the probation period, you may get your personal surfboards shaped by me for around cost. 2.) Getting paid every week to make surfboards with room for advancement.

Cons: Pay is minimal until you are fully trained, not ruining product, and can be self-sufficient (I need confident people, but also someone who will listen to correction and constructive criticism without taking it personal). Schedule is part-time and not set. I will need you to work when I have work that can be used as training (typically mid morning for only a couple hours a day at first and two to three days a week).

For questions about this job opportunity: email  Lsboards@yahoo.com

Thank you.

Landen,

I’m sure you’ll find someone here to help.

This is for you. HAHA!

Barry

Thanks, Barry. If you know anyone that fits the bill, let me know.

Must supply your own ball and chain, your own whip looked on favourably. Cage will be provided if you don't have your own. Must also be able to shit on your own head if i am too busy to do it. Get in quick, this once in a lifetime opportunity won't last!!

Bitterfan,

Thanks for the comment! I LOVE IT!

and yes, you ARE spot on. Same goes with any job in this INDUSTRY. It sucks but will STILL do it. Dusty rooms, weak pay, and strong addictions.

Cheers!

Lando.

That was a bit of a piss take mate. I can see you want people who really want to be in the industry, so you're up front, but on the other hand, it's not exactly a good "hook" to get people in haha!

I guess if you hyped it up and told people they could let their soul run free in the endless dreams of dust, on the way to becoming one with surfboards, they'd be knocking down your doors. Though when handed a dustpan and brush, they wouldn't think it was too "groovy man"!!. At least this way, people know the reality of it all.

As you can see by my username, i love my beer. Would love to setup a little microbrewery. I know a few people who do it, and as much as people think its all fun and games, there is a lot of hard work involved that most people don't see. I admire the guys who chase the dream.

Better look at teaming up with a community collage and getting a grant to help with the pay level. 

The only people who are computer savvy with good math skills that will take minimum wage are living in Moms basement apartment. He makes bombs when he isn't stalking Magon Fox with his home made Drone. He will be the only one to apply for the position.

By the  way  do not piss that guy off! and get a remote starter for your car.

…would be somewhat difficult due to:

-you want a modern slave: may be in a remote country.

-low payment:

.–>people that are illegals in any country stay because they need money, not due other stuff in life, so they work for somewhat decent money or house, etc. Very difficult that these people work for you.

.–>Kids: Kids can do it but most of them DO NOT do it. Most of them do not want to work and even less for pennies. This is a problem we have in most modern societies and this IS a parents fault. The parents are doing things very wrong right now. Very difficult that this group works for you.

-Skills: An skilled worker or shaper, like you said, is not the niche that you want.