"Last Hope" dvd , and Surfing World magazine ....

...anyone here got the issue [Surfing World] , with this in it ?

I ask , because the magazine has an exert [I think] , from the latest 'Kong' [Gary Elkerton ] book . Could be an interesting read ? Plus Mick Fanning shapes himself a board .

"Last Hope " features

"bones" , a short richard kenvin film on a cali guy who ? lives on the beach ? and surfs an old beater of a single fin

atlantic city [andrew kidman footage]

chris brock and david baddy treloar [albe , again]

central cali [patrick trefz]

'a requiem for the parking lot ' [windansea , by richard kenvin , which also features a guy [?richard?] surfing an ironing  board looking vessel , with two weird half circle fins :) ]

'spaceshell' by richard kenvin ...featuring two groms shaping and surfing [a scaled-down version of what kenvin was riding in the "requiem"  clip ? ] 

nat young at angourie [albe falzon footage]

the island by mnty webber

and a very mesmerising

'mini waves' by monty webber' clip

in all, a selection of 16 short films [a couple of which I had to fast forward as they were crap ...horseracing ? really ?  boy ? really ?? !!]

but , all in all, at least a chance to see some footage of kenvin riding his ? casper?

cheers

ben

I saw saw that movie when they were touring it in Sydney with Kidmans band backing it, it was a cold wet bleak night not many showed, and really they didnt miss much. I got to say the homeless guy short was a favourite, and after seeing Kenvin ride that little simms I wanted one for myself, which I finally got. But the real kicker in my opinion was the Webbers Island section, I always wondered what they were keeping quiet when they disappeared for a few weeks. A well kept secret for so long, so close same state even, cool.

hi tomby !

the micro waves did it for me

but with the original soundtrack on their VIDEO [ 'five north swells plus four'] , it was even BETTER !

Yeah those waves will put you into a trance, trying to mind surf the banks of the Yamba river.

I kinda like more uplifting and fun surf movies Andrew Kidmans meloncoly perspective gets me down.

the Surfing World issue I mentioned [that this dvd came with] ...

anyone here get it ?

it featured

larry bertlemann

kong

dane reynolds and mick fanning making their own surfboards , and surfing them

george greenough , talking about the fastest board he ever made [photos , too]

kai neville [filmmaker]

..... yep , this was a very GOOD issue , in my books !

good to see 'SurfingWorld' doing surfboard design things , again !....

.... in the past , it had been 'Australian Longboarding' [another BruceChannon creation / beauty !] where I went to get my fix of surfboard design articles [one every month , generally ...usually a [by harley ingleby] surfboard test ride , with photos ...]

cheers !

ben

http://www.surfingworld.com.au/