In search of Power Craft Planer parts

I just bought a Montgomery Ward Power craft Planer. It has similar look of a Skil 100 with short foot then the skil. The planer is going to need a couple of things . One of the blades is missing a cover and also a top knob.  The extra knob I have for a skil did not fit.  

Is anyone out in sway-land using the Power Craft? 

3 post makes it look like I’m  desperate  Just my bad computer skills at work

I have a bust “powercraft” planer…in fact I have two (both different models though). I am looking for a drive belt for one of them to fix it. You would be welcome to the parts from the other one if you pay postage…send me you model, dimensions etc

I live in Ireland

I can scan+email the manual/parts list that I have for mine for y’all if needed, just shoot me a PM.

Next step for me is to rig a dust chute to vacuum adaptor. I have a small piece of carbon tape…carbon fiber makes it better, right? :wink:

-J

Thanks a Pm has been sent.  

i have one too, any one figuire out a way to mod the depth adjustment knob ?

A great place to get info/try to find parts for old US made tools is owwm.org posts to the “bring out your dead” forum can be productive for parts. The companion site vintagemachinery.org also can be a great resource for “dirty paper” (catalogs, manuals, pamphlets) for old tools.
Good luck finding parts…old quality tools can be a joy!

I have a 2MB high-rez PDF scan of my owner's guide and parts list for Wards Powr-Kraft TPC-8937A.

3-1/16" surface and edge plane industrial duty.

Attached file is a sneak peek of the title page.

Is there a way to stash the entire file on Sway's for posterity?

Otherwise PM me with an email address for a direct send.

I have one that i used for 8 boards . It has the adjustment just like the skil 100 , i’ll take a pic and post it later . Aloha ,Cal

Really an adjustment like a skil? That is worth seeing. I now have 3 Power Craft If They  can be converted iIt would make them a lot more desirable 

Yup , just like the skil 100 … trying to figure out how to post the pics .  Aloha ,Cal

The more i think about this I’m convinced that Power Craft may have been built by Skil for Montgomery Ward infact

I bought this one from a shop that was selling shaping supplies about 8 years ago. It had all ready been modified. There is a block with a pin inside the Casting foot. From looking at mine it might be a slot cut on the main body to let the lever slide from side to side. If you need more information let me know and I will give you as much information to help you out.
one more thing they did was to fill all the holes on then Casting foot with epoxy to have a smooth surface on the bottom

You can find the item inside the initial owner’s information if you’ve still got which lounging around. Or else, you’ll should look for a bit on the instrument to discover the info you may need.  www.thenehruplace.com

Here is a scan of the manual that came with mine. -J

Thanks for bring this thread back up. i have put the power kraft project on hold for now.  Still think with some modification to depth adjustment this would be a inexpensive alternative to the Skil 100. 
From my inspection it does look like you could tool a slide arm and cut a slot in the front to make it like the skil.

Hey Mike, I tried somrthing simalar but it won’t slide. Any advise would be greaty aprecaited.

I have a Power-Kraft TPC 8937A planer that was my fathers. Looking for a manual and blades. Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

Post #14 in this thread has a PDF file of the manual that you can download.

Thank you for the manual. Any hint as to the amount of reveal is required when installing the cutter blades?