"Back to where it all began where life was simple no rip-off people and it was fun"

Gone through the ringer. Come full circle.

Time to heal, time to think, time to surf, time to reconnect with family. No way was I prepared to play a big hand in this game again. Why play the numbers game? Ego (oh, you’re so and so the shaper, right? Cough, cough, cough, yep, cough… thats me). The freedom? ha!, Money, mmmm… No! 

Tried a few different jobs after closing the doors 16 months ago but nothing gelled!.. Study? Maybe, but nar I got to be real.

A spoke to a good friend and said “I’m thinking of giving up shaping”.

“You think you can?, its part of who you are”.

“Nup, I may as well stop surfing too ha”

Time to have fun with it again.

Hand Shaped (tried the machines, but after 20 years of mowing foam no pride in getting miss J to shape em for me)

glassed

sanded

Everything. Do the lot for people with faces, names, mates. No shops and their one month account but pay in 3.

Less boards, now thats better for the environment isn’t it!

Fewer boards, built as best I can!

…Here we go!!!

Thanks mate.

Not a carpenter,  just done a lot of jobs and took notes, haha.

Yep the first one will be for me. Something a bit different.

Had a bit of time to think about the build so pretty excited, eps thats for sure.

…mmmm.

I can do this, with a few laughs.

It’s an amazing ride, no…???..

good stuff yorky looking foward to seeing some yorky originals stoked.

yep after 35 yrs in the wilderness i can asure you  of the peace it provides

glad i got thru bro’’

** lotsa **

cheers huie

Make sure you post pics mate. Good to see you back here

You know you got a good girl when she gets down and giggy with it. 

4 pack of rum and coke helps :slight_smile:

…moving right along

she’s a keeper!

I put 1.5 m3 of crusher dust/rock down for the glassing area, and some rugs down through out, with fake grass out front. (we had a council collection  throw out day a few weeks ago that has come in handy)

lights and shelves in and painted the shaping bay (usual “deep blue” code color).

Wired the shaping bay up with power and through up a few racks, more shelves and my trusty old shaping stands.

I love making shaping bays, few beers some tunes. Love it.

:wink:

Heres my new “studio” haha shaping bay. Really happy with all the dimensions, shadows, heights etc

Roof lights on switch and side on switch.

Really like to have shadows match on the sight wall thats why I continue shelves right to the wall (sacrifice blank-board lean storage space for a good light shadow, no competition! Good shadows are everything!)

But best of all is the fancy green carpet, yewww.

I have plans for a lift door/shade/awening thing to enclose the whole shed.

and box sanding bay off the side.

Might put em on the back burner and set up the glass area so i can make “project one” asap

First ones gotta be for you, and gotta be special mate. Love to see it when it’s done. Bloody nice work there mate. Are you a carpenter?, love how the side lights intersect on the back wall. Symmetry !!

…so what s happened with your mega factory?

No market at all?

Thats the sort of factory id like to order boards from. so good!

hi yorky you need some kind of a sign on that bit of timber out the front looks like its made for it one of those swinging ones what do you reckon.

reverb, you’re so freakn predictable!
I was offered a way out of my “Mega Factory” and took it. 

I build that thing solo, from ground up and it took over 2 months with friends help. What happened you ask?.. I loved every single miniute of the build and will keep it close to my heart always.

Mass production, staff (training staff) contracts, advertising, rent, team riders, payment terms, insurance, power, etc etc etc etc etc…

Fuck

im a hand shaper/surfer, I enjoy freedom and do my best work when free to think, feel and love what I do.

So, my little green friend, my Mega factory is actually…Really… Only half built!

Enjoy My New Mega “factory” thread!

RA, well not many people will get to see it, so…Thinking it would have to represent me somehow, thats scary… Im a bit crazy, so… Mmmm we’ll put it on ice for a bit hey bahahaha.

Is that red rail a tint? looks clean mate, catch ya soon… go easy on the signs, I’m a bit fragile ya know, bit sensitive! bahahaha :wink:

Through my self in the deep end today.

Hand planed my new board.

5’9" x 18 3/8" x 2 1/16"

Stringerless out off this beast of foam thats over 2 years old that almost went to the tip several times. 6’10 x 3 3/4" thick.
Almost not Fun!!!

with outline