Remember Your First Time?

If you don’t, I’m sure it was similar to this. We hung out in the legendary Downing Hawaii shaping bay so Race from Contrast Magazine could shape, glass and shred his own board. This is part one: template making and shaping.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0-gdzMDSns

Okay, so I got my coffee, got all primed up and sat down ready to watch “Race” swing into action. He came up on the screen with the worst looking Lightning Bolt t shirt ever… that is unless it wasn’t s’posed to be a Bolt at all. That is probably good so Paskowitz can call off his lawyers.

I somehow maintained my stoke after the wardrobe malfunction only to have the screen go black and tell me “no show today due to … try again later”?

… I think haole boy probably plugged the planer in backwards or spilled a beer on it and the whole Downing factory caught on fire. Sorry George and Keone… lotsa Hawaiian history up in smoke! 

Sh-t like this happens and the community can pull together and help you rebuild!

I look forward to future episodes with maybe like, pig luau fund raiser, lots of talking story about old factory and other kine stuff.

Don’t forget the Primo, but keep away from electrical outlets brah! 

Haha! Not sure why it went black. Just checked it and it’s working fine.